A good bag will hold all your stuff, but a great bag will keep your things out of thieves’ hands.
That’s what anti-theft backpacks are created for! These bags have slash-proof straps and handles so no one can easily slash it and run off with all your stuff.
If you’re interested in getting one for your next trip abroad or even for your everyday work commute, here are some of the best anti-theft backpacks to consider:
Table of Contents
Travel Blogger | Owner, Hotel Jules
1. Pacsafe Intasafe Anti-Theft 20L Laptop Backpack
I travel a lot. I have experimented with lots of backpacks over the last ten years, and have looked high and low for one that is robust and can safely secure my important possessions.
The best backpack, in my opinion, is the Pacsafe Intasafe Anti-Theft 20L Laptop Backpack. Even the name cries of safety.
It is a high-end backpack with a price tag to match, needless to say if you want to keep your possession safe you will have to pay a pretty penny for it. However, it is justified because of the following:
- Slashguard – protect from knife cut and swipes.
- Roobar anti-theft locks – secure multiple compartments together or lock onto a stationary object (like a bike lock).
- RFID capabilities – stop your bank card details from being electronically stolen.
- Smart zippers – the ability to overlock with a padlock.
- Lock loop – protects the zipper from being opened without notifying you when wearing it.
In addition to the safety features, it is an aesthetically pleasing bag, has several compartments and is roomy enough to store a lot of items or digital equipment.
Technical Writer, Aussie Hosting
2. Travelon Anti-theft Urban Incognito Backpack
First, I am no back-pack salesperson. I am a digital nomad who carries most of his kit around wherever I go. This means that a great anti-theft backpack is a must-have for me, especially in some places. I have used quite a few backpacks over the years.
In my experience, I think that this backpack is a cut above the rest in the niche. I am always on the move. I need a backpack that has enough space to carry all my gear and be comfortable enough on my back at the same time.
Besides that, it also needs to be real “anti-theft.” I am outright paranoid about the security of my things. For me, this backpack provides all the solutions to those needs.
Its features include:
- Slash-resistant body panels.
- Adjustable cut-resistant, shoulder straps that can be secured to a stationary object to prevent a grab and go theft.
- Low profile secure zipper on the main compartment for extra security.
- Hidden locking compartments and zip pockets.
- Secret RFID blocking pocket on the shoulder strap.
- Padded pocket for a 15.6″ laptop and a separate pocket for a tablet up to 10″.
- Drop pockets for cables and other devices.
- Air mesh back panel and backpack straps are cool and comfortable to wear.
- Water and dirt resistant fabric.
- Add-a-bag strap allows the backpack to slide over the handle of wheeled luggage.
- Side water bottle pocket.
That’s quite a long list. However, that’s what made me choose the bag.
Founder, Talk Travel
3. Pacsafe Venturesafe X40 Multi-Purpose Backpack
It is spacious. I can easily put in my laptop, laptop charger, 5-6 shirts, 3 jeans, a couple of pairs of socks, my headphones, a mobile power bank, some documents, and a few other things and it still does not feel crowded.
It is also RFID safe and has zip clips wherein the zips clip on to a latch and thus cannot be opened very easily. This backpack has a mesh and hence doesn’t sweat a lot on my back and is made of water-resistant material, so light showers can be easily tolerated. It is a bit on the expensive side, but then it gives me a lot of peace, and so to others as it carries very positive reviews.
Category Director, RECREATIONid
4. Pacsafe Venturesafe EXP45 Anti-Theft Carry-On Travel Backpack
I really like this bag because it’s very versatile. I can use it as an overnight bag, or as a carry-on item for longer travels. It packs like a suitcase with tie-down straps, but it also has a side handle to carry like a duffel. It has shoulder straps so you can carry it like a backpack but I use the side handle and carry it, which just feels easier.
CEO, Thrifty Points
5. KOPACK Waterproof Anti Theft Backpack
This is my go-to bag. Aside from being impossible to access from the front, it’s got a few features that really make this a wonderful bag. It holds everything I need it to in an organized manner, which helps me know where things are when I’m on the move. It’s waterproof, which is huge. Nothing makes me more anxious than having all my electronics in a bag that will eventually let the water in.
With this bag, I can move about in the rain without the anxiety. It also has a built-in USB port that I can use to charge phones and tablets. This is a nice feature for those mornings when I forget to charge my phone before I hit the road.
And, despite being anti-theft, it’s TSA friendly. It can easily be inspected in line at the airport without causing any unnecessary hold-ups or delay.
Community Lead, Daddilife
6. Loaged Anti-theft Laptop Backpack
This bag by Loaged is brilliant. They’ve combined all the high tech elements you’d want from a bag e.g. USB charging ports, with breathable material that still keeps thieves at bay.
There are steel clasps that provide the ultimate protection for the zip compartment and inside you have a wealth of space throughout a number of pockets. It looks pretty smart too.