Humans started speaking because we felt the need to communicate. We love to share ideas, inspire ourselves from others experiences. Yet, above all else, we like to talk. We love to talk because that’s the easiest way for us to show others how great we are or how great we can be.
Our modern world gives us the opportunity to share the things we love in wondrous ways. Two of those ways are stories and movies.
Discover in this article, 25 of the best Scarface (Tony Montana) quotes from which you can learn things about courage, vanity, and self-reliance.
1. The World is yours! – Tony Montana
Own your space so that your environment doesn’t own you. “Be yourself, the authentic” are things you hear quite often. Don’t you?
Your World Is Yours less by being authentic, and more by paying close attention to your environment. Why? Because you manage your space the best when you know how to influence others, how to make your ideas understood, how to put your best foot forward.
Your world is yours much more when you know who you are, love and accept yourself as you are, and believe you’re enough.
Make your world be yours by having the confidence that no matter what life put in front of you’ll find ways to deal with it.
2. Every dog has his day. – Tony Montana
3. Every day above ground is a good day. – Tony Montana
4. I got ears, ya know. I hear things. – Tony Montana
5. Now you’re talking to me, baby! That I like! Keep it coming! – Tony Montana
6. I didn’t come to the United States to break my fucking back. – Tony Montana
7. I work hard for this. I want you to know that. – Tony Montana
8. In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. – Tony Montana
9. I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. – Tony Montana
For most of us, the biggest desire in life is to be considered being a good person, and we do so many things to achieve it. Most things are positive. However, as with any forests, between healthy, majestic trees there are some not so good looking ones as well.
When we fail in our quest to be liked by everyone (which is not achievable), our vanity kicks in and makes us behave in ways we are not proud of. We feel we are right even when we’re not, clouding our judgment and ability to be honest (with others or ourselves).
There are many reasons why people lie to you but know that their intention is rarely negative. Plus, most people, when lie they believe are telling the truth.
10. Okay, here’s the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education but that’s okay. I know the street, and I’m making all the right connections. With the right woman, there’s no stopping me. I could go right to the top. – Tony Montana
11. Why don’t you try sticking your head up your ass? See if it fits. – Tony Montana
12. I didn’t come to the United States to break my fucking back. – Tony Montana
13. The only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. – Tony Montana
We like to be in control of our destiny. However, our behaviors and actions don’t always take us on the path we’d want to be. That happens because our fears and insane courage dictates the most what street we are walking on.
Most fears we have are, what I call, fears of the mind. Meaning, they don’t have a physical representation. These are fairs like the fear of failure, rejection, success, being judged, and so on.
If you look closely at your life, you’ll notice how much insane courage or fears of the mind have deviated your course from what you wanted. Is it not?
14. This is paradise, I’m tellin’ ya. This town like a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked. – Tony Montana
15. I’m Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin’ with the best! – Tony Montana to Sosa’s assassins
16. You know what? Fuck you! How about that? – Tony Montana
17. I didn’t come to the United States to break my fucking back. – Tony Montana
18. You know what capitalism is? Getting fucked! – Tony Montana
19. You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He’s the best lawyer in Miami. He’s such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm. – Tony Montana
20. I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card… I’m gonna carve him up real nice. – Tony Montana
21. You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend! (Tony shoots) – Tony Montana
22. You a communist? Huh? How’d you like it, man? They tell you all the time what to do, what to think, what to feel. Do you wanna be like a sheep? Like all those other people? Baah! Baah! – Tony Montana
23. Don’t get high on your own supply. – Tony Montana
24. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin’ fingers and say, ‘that’s the bad guy.’– Tony Montana
25. Who put this thing together? Me, that’s who! Who do I trust? Me! – Tony Montana
Self-trust improves the quality of your life making you responsible for your happiness and rewards you with success.
Pay attention, though, showing off too much self-trust can make you seem entitled and, to be honest, a bit of a schmuck.
All positive things in our life, are positive as long as we know how much to display in front of the whole world.
Do you trust yourself? Marvelous! Do you talk a lot (with others) about how much you trust yourself? Not so marvelous.