Don Miguel Ruiz is a spiritual teacher and an international bestselling author.
The wisdom he teaches is Toltec Wisdom. This ancient wisdom is passed down from family to family. Don Miguel Ruiz did not originally start as a spiritual teacher but came back to his family’s teachings after a serious car wreck.
He has been teaching what he learned after the car wreck for over 30 years. He has written many books including The Four Agreements. Which blends together his wisdom teaching with practical advice for applying the teachings and finding personal freedom.
He has been a guest on Super Soul Sunday and now teaches with his two sons, passing on the family traditions and teachings.
Don Miguel Ruiz Quotes From: The Four Agreements
1. “If you do your best always, over and over again, you will become a master of transformation.”
2. “The word I the most powerful tool you have as a human; it is the tool of magic. But like a sword with two edges, your word can create the most beautiful dream, or your word can destroy everything around you.”
3. “How much you love yourself and how you feel about yourself are directly proportionate to the quality and integrity of your word.”
4. “Your point of view is something personal to you. It is no one’s truth but yours.”
5. “Don’t take anything personally because by taking things personally you set yourself up to suffer for nothing.”
6. “The truth is the most important part of being impeccable with your word.”
7. “The best way to say, “Thank you, God,” is by letting go of the past and living in the present moment, right here and now.
Don Miguel Ruiz Quotes From: The Mastery of Love
1. “When you inhibit your partner’s freedom, you inhibit your own because you have to be there to see what your partner is doing or not doing. And if you love yourself so much, you are never going to give up your personal freedom.”
2. “Forgiveness is for your own mental healing. You will forgive because you feel compassion for yourself.”
3. “Forgiveness is an act of self-love.”
4. “Relationship is an art. The dream that two create is more difficult to master than one.”
5. “Just imagine if all humans could start being truthful with themselves, start forgiving everyone and start loving everyone.”
6. “You can have a relationship that fulfills your dream of Heaven; you can create a Paradise, but you have to begin with you.”
7. “The whole world can love you, but that love will not make you happy.”
Don Miguel Ruiz Quotes From: The Three Questions
1. “Our instinct is to cling to the picture we have our ourselves, which makes any new discoveries impossible. Questioning who we are gives us a chance to bring down a few walls – a few stubborn beliefs – and reconnect with life.”
2. “Imposing our will on other people only pushes them away.”
3. “Respect is the solution to injustice.”
4. “Life is truth, and it doesn’t need to be understood.”
5. “Loving yourself, without conditions, can heal the biggest divisions in your world.”