Dr. Seuss is a very loved published author, often quoted because his books are filled with wisdom and many life lessons.
Even though his books were published half a century ago, the knowledge presented in them is timeless.
Discover in this article, 75 of the most popular Dr. Seuss quotes, get inspired, reevaluate yourself and your life, and make those changes that can turn your life for the better.
These 75 of the most popular Dr. Seuss quotes will open your eyes to many things that you might have overlooked or disregarded. Why? Because they were so simple and so obvious that most of us consider being too easy to be the way forward.
1. Take every chance. Drop every fear.
2. If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.
3. Adults are just outdated children.
4. I am not a consecutive writer.
5. Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained, and delighted.
6. Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
7. Whenever things go a bit sour in a job I’m doing, I always tell myself, ‘You can do better than this.
8. I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.
9. You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.
10. Life’s too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
11. Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.
12. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
13. Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.
14. People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.
15. If you never did you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.
16. I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.
17. Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
18. With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
19. The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
20. Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.
21. Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
22. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
23. It is better to know how to learn than to know.
24. Only you can control your future.
25. Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!
26. In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!
27. It is fun to have fun but you have to know how.
28. I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
29. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.
30. Think and wonder, wonder and think.
31. Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
32. Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.
33. So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!
34. I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
35. You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.
36. Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
37. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me.
38. You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
39. You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.
40. How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness, how the time has flown. How did it get so late so soon?
41. If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.
42. In the places I go there are things that I see that I never could spell if I stopped with the Z.
43. Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.
44. He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
45. Just go. Go. Go! I don’t care how. You can go by foot. You can go by cow.
46. Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind!
47. So the writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads.
48. They say I’m old-fashioned and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!
49. If you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you will learn. Oh, the most wonderful stuff.
50. Being crazy isn’t enough.
51. Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
52. It is open, out there, in the wide, open air.
53. When you’re in a Slump, you’re not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.
54. It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.
55. Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Yours than You.
56. You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?
57. Congratulations! Today is your day!
58. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.
59. So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life is a great balancing act.
60. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
61. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
62. All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot.
63. You have to be a speedy reader because there’s so so much to read.
64. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
65. I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
66. From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
67. You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.
68. And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!
69. They say I’m old-fashioned and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!
70. Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.
71. I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
72. Life’s too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
73. Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
74. I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
75. Sometimes you will never know the value of something until it becomes a memory.