Eckhart Tolle is a well-known author and spiritual teacher. His best-selling books A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose, as well as The Power of Now, has touched millions of people around the world.
After suffering from long periods of depression at the age of 29, Tolle says he experienced an “inner transformation” that led to years of searching and learning his previous state of mind and eventually found a way to overcome it.
Although Tolle is big on spirituality, he does not identify with any particular religion, but a wide range of spiritual works has influenced him. He also believes that being spiritual does not have to be all about religious beliefs. Instead, Tolle keeps a neutral position and focuses first on humanity.
Find your inner peace with these top 40 Eckhart Tolle quotes and sayings about life, self-love, and believing in the Power of Now.
Table of Contents
Eckhart Tolle Quotes About Power of Now
1. “You can always cope with the present moment, but you cannot cope with something that is only a mind projection – you cannot cope with the future.”
2. “The more you live in the present moment, the more the fear of death disappears.”
3. “I’m grateful for always this moment, the now, no matter what form it takes.”
4. “Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.”
5. “When you take your attention into the present moment, certain alertness arises. You become more conscious of what’s around you, but also, strangely, a sense of presence that is both within and without.”
6. “The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.”
7. “Don’t wait to be successful at some future point. Have a successful relationship with the present moment and be fully present in whatever you are doing. That is success.”
8. “Most people treat the present moment as if it were an obstacle that they need to overcome. Since the present moment is life itself, it is an insane way to live.”
9. “It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.”
10. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life.”
11. “The only thing you ever have is now.”
12. “Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.”
13. “Always say ‘yes’ to the present moment… Surrender to what is. Say ‘yes’ to life – and see how life starts suddenly to start working for you rather than against you.”
14. “People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind.”
Eckhart Tolle Quotes About Life
1. “Being at ease with not knowing is crucial for answers to come to you.”
2. “If there are people you haven’t forgiven, you’re not going to really awaken. You have to let go.”
3. “People tend to dwell more on negative things than on good things. So the mind then becomes obsessed with negative things, with judgments, guilt, and anxiety produced by thoughts about the future and so on.”
4. “Life is an adventure, it’s not a package tour.”
5. “There is a fine balance between honoring the past and losing yourself in it. For example, you can acknowledge and learn from mistakes you made, and then move on and refocus on the now. It is called forgiving yourself.”
6. “Acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality, it brings something entirely new into this world. That peace, a subtle energy vibration, is consciousness.”
7. “Power over others is weakness disguised as strength.”
8. “Many people identify their sense of self with the problems they have, or think they have.”
9. “Prejudice of any kind implies that you are identified with the thinking mind. It means you don’t see the other human being anymore, but only your own concept of that human being. To reduce the aliveness of another human being to a concept is already a form of violence.”
10. “People look to a time in the expectation that it will eventually make them happy, but you cannot find true happiness by looking toward the future.”
Eckhart Tolle Quotes About Self-Love
1. “Discontent, blaming, complaining, self-pity cannot serve as a foundation for a good future, no matter how much effort you make.”
2. “You are the universe, you aren’t in the universe.”
3. “What a liberation to realize that the ‘voice in my head’ is not who I am. ‘Who am I, then?’ The one who sees that.”
4. “Love is a state of Being. Your love is not outside; it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you. It is not dependent on some other body, some external form.”
5. “That is the real spiritual awakening when something emerges from within you that is deeper than who you thought you were. So, the person is still there, but one could almost say that something more powerful shines through the person.”
6. “The answer is, who you are cannot be defined through thinking or mental labels or definitions, because it’s beyond that. It is the very sense of being, or presence, that is there when you become conscious of the present moment. In essence, you and what we call the present moment are, at the deepest level, one.”
7. “Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’ not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.”
8. “To realize that you are not your thoughts is when you begin to awaken spiritually.”
9. “In the egoic state, your sense of self, your identity, is derived from your thinking mind – in other words, what your mind tells you about yourself: the storyline of you, the memories, the expectations, all the thoughts that go through your head continuously and the emotions that reflect those thoughts. All those things make up your sense of self.”
10. “To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.”
Eckhart Tolle, More Quotes And Sayings
1. “I don’t believe in an outside agent that creates the world, then walks away. But I feel very strongly there is an intelligence at work in every flower, in every blade of grass, in every cell of my body. And it is that intelligence that, I wouldn’t say created the universe. It is creating the universe. It’s an ongoing process.”
2. “If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that: small.”
3. “Was Jesus the son of God? Yes. But so are you. You just haven’t realized it yet.”
4. “Thoughts can be so seductive and hypnotic that it absorbs your attention totally, so you become your thoughts.”
5. “Dogmas are collective conceptual prisons. And the strange thing is that people love their prison cells because they give them a sense of security and a false sense of ‘I know.’ Nothing has inflicted more suffering on humanity than its dogmas.”
6. “Many people in this world are still so identified with every thought that arises in their head. There is not the slightest space of awareness there.”
If you would like to know more about Eckhart Tolle and his works, we would suggest you read The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?