There is a saying “those who don’t have grandparents should buy some”.
By the nature of things, parents are supposed to love you unconditionally. Yet, the person that, most probably, loves you the most is your grandmother.
Discover in this article, 50 great grandmother quotes and celebrate this fantastic relationship.
We can only guess, the first of us who used positive reinforcement to educate children were grandmothers. Do you believe that? Because grandmothers are those people who:
- First, showed you how it feels to be loved no matter what you do
- Second, how can love move mountains
- Third, diplomacy – win easily others hearts
- Forth, cooking – your grandmother understood the best that a hungry mind doesn’t always have the most positive thoughts – didn’t she feed you before anything else?
- Fifth, forgiveness and intolerance – you can never say you love someone unconditionally if you’re not a master at forgiving and understanding. Could you?
The only thing your grandmother couldn’t teach you it’s how to live without her. She tried, but in the end, you have to learn that by yourself.
The most significant loss that wealth can cause is to be disconnected from your loved ones.
That can sound unbelievable, but the richer are we are, the far we can get from those who genuinely love us. In the old days, three or four generations lived under the same roof. In the modern days, most of us leave the nest when our mind is not yet prepared to face the world… Just because all of us have enough money to be alone.
Being wealthy can come at the very high price. You might feel lonely and, on top of that, bare the pain of knowing your parents and grandmother (grandparents) are lonely as well.
If you’re a grown up and allow life to carry you like a feather in the wind, being busy all the time, remember there is someone that’s doing almost nothing all day other than waiting for your call: Your grandmother… If you’re lucky enough to have her still. If you don’t, the memory of her, the things she taught you, can help you overcome pains and obstacles.
Grandmothers are amazing beings who love, who protect, who understand, wise people who should never die. Keep her in your memory, and she’ll always be with you.
1. Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
2. There’s no place like home except Grandma’s.
3. A house needs a grandma in it. – Louisa May Alcott
4. Grandmother – a wonderful mother with lots of practice.
5. All grandmothers are made of gold, but mine sparkles.
6. As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother. – Prince William
7. The real miracle of life occurs when your child’s child is born.
8. A grandmother is one of those rare individuals who you may always depend on.
9. When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. – Ogden Nash
10. Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. – Welsh Proverb
11. I have a guardian angel in Heaven. I call her Grandma.
12. Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. – Pam Brown
13. A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do. – Lois Wyse
14. Grandmothers are wonderful ladies who always seem to place others in front of themselves.
15. A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes. – Barbara Cage
16. Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future. – Helen Ketchum
17. Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.- Janet Lanese
18. Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. – Marcy Demaree
19. On a deeper note, being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is. – Deborah Williams
20. If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first. – Lois Wyse
21. Being a mother and grandmother, my maternal instinct made me want to do for my associates what every mother wants to do for her children – what’s best for them. – Mary Kay Ash
22. Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for. – Jane Smiley
23. A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend. – Rachel – Appleton
24. My Grandmother was always encouraging me to set goals and work hard to achieve them. She would tell me not to be a follower and not to set limits on what I could achieve. She truly believed that there were no limits that you could achieve whatever you wanted. – Catherine Pulsifer
25. I want a world where my grandchildren (who are wonderfully diverse) are welcomed and valued for who they are and what they can contribute, in the workplace and elsewhere. It is a wish that many of us share. – Trudy Bourgeois
26. I never knew just how much love this heart could hold until I became a Grandma.
27. There aren’t too many things that are more comforting on this earth than a hug from grandma.
28. Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends. – Trudy Jo Hahn Snader
29. So what do I really know about being a grandmother? Well, I remember what I didn’t like as a child. I also loved being a Mom, but I have to tell you that being a grandmother has brought a whole new side of life – the fun side -to me. – Janet Steele
30. We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me. – Phyllis Theroux
31. Grandmothers hold their grandchildren in a special place in their heart. – Catherine Pulsifer
32. Grandma’s listen because they care and helpful advice always willing to share.
33. When we were young, many of us had wise elders in our lives. Early in my life, like many of you, I encountered wise older people who seemed to know something about life. They may have been grandparents, an aunt or an uncle, or a mentor. Likely there was some older person in our life who we sensed had found ‘it’. – John Izzo, Ph D.
34. A grandmother is like an angel, who takes you under her wing, she prays and watches over you and she’d gift you anything.
35. A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her.She will always love them more than anyone would understand. – Karen Gibbs
36. My grandmother always encouraged teamwork, not just in the sports she played with us but in all aspects of life. She said being part of a team is like being part of life! – Kate Summers
37. Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. – Catherine Pulsifer
38. A grandmother always has time for you, even if the rest of the world is busy. – G. Saunders
39. Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. – Doug Larson
40. Grand-parenting is the stage in life when you finally understand the true meaning of the best is yet to come… Because you’ve reached it.
41. It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace. – Christopher Morley
42. My grandmother taught me everything except how to live without her.
43. Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grandchild’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details. Even when you are wrong. Especially then, in fact. A grandmother is both a sword and a shield. – Fredrik Backman
44. Our grandmother didn’t like the word retirement, she said life is for living not for retiring. – Catherine Pulsifer
45. There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren. Janice Elliott-Howard
46. A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love. She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams, and praises our every success.
47. Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security. David Jeremiah
48. If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. – Italian Proverb
49. So long as they had access to their grandchildren, grandmothers wholeheartedly reported feelings of excitement and pleasure on the arrival of a new grandchild. For most, the wonder of the experience well and truly compensated for any anticipated downsides. – Doreen Rosenthal
50. It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother – that’s why the world calls her grandmother.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?