In our modern times, there are many people who have sleep problems. Some of us can’t fall asleep, others wake up a few times a night. The consequences of the lack of sleep can be painful, affecting the quality of your life, inducing depression, lack of motivation and focus.
The reasons why we have problems sleeping these days are many. However, the first thing you can do to make yourself feel better is to complain and whine about it. That is how you acknowledge and validate how you are feeling so that you’re not adding a new issue to your sleeping problem, namely self-blame.
In this article, you’ll discover 25 quotes that help you understand how others feel and give yourself permission (before anything else) to have compassion for yourself.
1. My no sleep game is too strong.
2. At night, I can’t sleep. In the morning, I can’t wake up.
3. I’ve forgotten what it’s like to have a normal sleeping pattern.
4. 50 shades of dark circles under my eyes.
5. I have two moods:
Sleep is for the weak.
I need to sleep for a week.
6. Some people can’t sleep because they have insomnia. I can’t sleep because I have the internet connection.
7. That moment when tomorrow is here and you’ve been trying to go to sleep since yesterday.
8. I’m like, four days past my bedtime.
9. Morning: Tired
Afternoon: Dying for a rest
Night: Can’t Sleep
10. I hate people who can go to sleep as soon as they shut their eyes. Like that takes me 3 hours, 700 position changes, and a sacrifice to the gods.
11. I think of you at 2 a.m. when I can’t sleep and I wish you were there to hold me.
12. I lie awake at night thinking of you.
13. She dreams more often than she sleeps.
14. Sleep is such a luxury, which I can’t afford.
15. A sad soul is always up past midnight.
16. I wish I had someone to talk to when I can’t sleep.
17. Nothing is louder than overthinking after midnight.
18. And if you are awake at 4 a.m., you are either in love or lonely, and I don’t know which one is worse.
19. The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4 am knows all my secrets. – Poppy Z. Brite
20. Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need to sleep.
21. My brain at 3 AM:
I can see you’re trying to sleep, so I would like to offer you a selection of every memory, unresolved issue, or things you should have said or done today as well as in the past 10 years.
22. If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep. – Dale Carnegie
23. I can’t wait to wake up and try something new. I can’t sleep at night because I want to try something new. – Rodney Mullen
24. My eyelids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier.
25. You’re up overthinking about someone who isn’t thinking about you. Go to sleep.