Joel Scott Osteen is an American televangelist, pastor, and author. His work inspires millions of people all over the world through live, online, and televised church services alike.
He is born in Houston, Texas, and is one of the six children of a Southern Baptist pastor. Osteen also studied television and radio communications but did not graduate and did not receive a degree. He then returned to Houston and founded Lakewood Church’s television program, where he produced his father’s televised sermons for 17 years.
Although his father encouraged him to preach for many years, he declined and preferred to work behind the scenes instead. However, in 1999, he finally accepted his father’s advice and preached his first sermon. Unfortunately, six days later, his father died of a heart attack. Weeks after, Osteen began preaching regularly and later that year he was appointed as the new senior pastor of Lakewood Church.
Today, Joel Osteen is one of the most watched evangelists in America. His sermons are streamed live on the internet and broadcast by television. His messages continue to inspire and touch people’s lives. We have collected some of the most notable Joel Osteen quotes and sayings that show his thoughts and views regarding life, faith, church, and more.
Table of Contents
Joel Osteen Quotes About Faith
1. “To me, we’re marketing hope.”
2. “Only God can look at somebody’s heart.”
3. “I made a decision when my father passed away that I was going to be who God made me be and not try to preach like my father.”
4. “We were old sinners – but when we came to Christ we are not sinners anymore.”
5. “I’m going to let God be the judge of who goes to heaven and hell.”
6. “I think Bible principles are principles for life.”
7. “God didn’t make a mistake when He made you. You need to see yourself as God sees you.”
8. “You may make some mistakes but that doesn’t make you a sinner. You’ve got the very nature of God on the inside of you.”
9. “God wants to bless us where we are.”
10. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.”
11. “If Jesus were here today, he wouldn’t be riding around on a donkey. He’d be taking a plane, he’d be using the media.”
Related: Inspirational God Quotes about Faith
12. “Faith activates God – Fear activates the Enemy.”
13. “I’m very careful about saying who would and wouldn’t go to heaven. I don’t know.”
14. “God wants us to prosper financially, to have plenty of money, to fulfill the destiny He has laid out for us.”
15. “If we say it long enough eventually we’re going to reap a harvest. We’re going to get exactly what we’re saying.”
16. “I think God’s justice is making wrongs right.”
17. “I have always believed in God.”
18. “I try to speak in everyday language. I feel like God has gifted me to take Bible principles and make them practical.”
19. “I don’t go down the road of condemning.”
Joel Osteen Quotes About Life
1. “You can change your world by changing your words… Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.”
2. “A good thing to remember is somebody’s got it a lot worse than we do.”
3. “If you give, you will be blessed.”
4. “Do all you can to make your dreams come true.”
5. “Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.”
6. “You can be happy where you are.”
7. “People respond when you tell them there is a great future in front of you, you can leave your past behind.”
Joel Osteen Quotes About Church
1. “I don’t want to just preach to the church. I feel like I have a broader message.”
2. “A lot of churches have not moved with the times.”
3. “You can be committed to Church but not committed to Christ, but you cannot be committed to Christ and not committed to the church.”
4. “Most people already know what they’re doing wrong. When I get them to church I want to tell them that you can change.”
Joel Osteen Quotes About Finances
1. “I’ve never preached one sermon on money, on just finances. I want to stay away from it.”
2. “Prospering just doesn’t have to do with money.”
3. “It’s God’s will for you to live in prosperity instead of poverty. It’s God’s will for you to pay your bills and not be in debt.”
4. “If you want to rear financial blessings, you have to sow financially.”
If you would like to learn more about the life and writing of Joel Osteen, we would suggest you read Next Level Thinking: 10 Powerful Thoughts for a Successful and Abundant Life.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?