Leslie Calvin Brown, popularly known as Les Brown, is a radio DJ, author, and former TV host who also happened to be one of the most well-known and successful motivational speakers in the world.
He uses the catchphrase “it’s possible! “ and inspires people to follow their dreams just as he did. While his achievements are remarkable, his life story makes it seem that attaining greatness would be impossible.
Les Brown was born with his twin brother named Wesley, inside an abandoned building in a low-income sector of Miami known as Liberty City. They were subsequently given up for adoption and was adopted by a 38-year-old woman who was a cafeteria and domestic attendant.
While in grade school, Brown was declared “educable mentally retarded” which significantly damaged his confidence and self-esteem. Despite everything, he learned how to reach his full potential with the support of his mother and motivating words from his high school teacher who told him that “someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.”
With a constant desire to succeed, Brown eventually broke through when he was given a chance to go on-air and was hired full-time as on-air talent. He went on to host his TV show, publish several books, serve in the Ohio House of Representatives, and become a nationally recognized motivational speaker.
Here are some of the most notable Les Brown quotes and sayings that shows his thoughts and views about life, courage, determination, and more.
Table of Contents
Les Brown Quotes About Life
1. “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.”
2. “All of us need to grow continuously in our lives.”
3. “We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams.”
4. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”
5. “A lot of people do not muster the courage to live their dreams because they are afraid to die.”
6. “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.”
7. “You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers.”
8. “If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present.”
9. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
Les Brown Quotes About Courage & Determination
1. “There are winners, there are losers and there are people who have not yet learned how to win.”
2. “Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality.”
3. “Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.”
4. “Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.”
5. “Just because Fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.”
6. “If you fall, fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up.”
7. “Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.”
8. “I advise you to say your dream is possible and then overcome all inconveniences, ignore all the hassles and take a running leap through the hoop, even if it is in flames.”
9. “The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today.”
10. “Your ability to communicate is an important tool in the pursuit of your goals, whether it is with your family, your co-workers or your clients and customers.”
11. “You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.”
Les Brown Quotes About Goals & Dreams
1. “If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.”
2. “You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.”
3. “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.”
4. “It takes someone with a vision of the possibilities to attain new levels of experience. Someone with the courage to live his dreams.”
5. “You take on the responsibility for making your dream a reality.”
6. “Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible for your life.”
7. “Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them.”
8. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.”
9. “Goals help you channel your energy into action.”
10. “Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.”
Les Brown, More Quotes & Sayings
1. “Unlike productions in the other arts, all television shows are born to destroy two other shows.”
2. “If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness.”
3. “Honor your commitments with integrity.”
4. “In day-to-day commerce, television is not so much interested in the business of communications as in the business of delivering audiences to advertisers. People are the merchandise, not the shows. The shows are merely the bait.”
5. “Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.”
6. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
7. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.”
8. “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.”
9. “Forgive those who have hurt you.”
If you would like to know more about the life and writings of Les Brown, we would suggest you read Laws Of Success: 12 Laws That Turn Dreams Into Reality.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?