Most women in this world or mothers. Most mothers are exceptional human beings because they offer wisdom, love, understanding and care like no other.
Most daughters have a close and indestructible bond with that exceptional woman that gave them life.
Mothers and daughters have a relationship that a man can never understand. It’s special and serves both parties in equal measures. The mother gives her daughter the most vital tools to navigate the world, become a great woman and a great mother.
The daughter cherishes her mother and becomes her support, the safe place to turn to in times of need.
Yes, that is the ideal at which most mothers and daughters aspire and achieve with grace and ease. The love for each other inspires them to be tolerant, understanding, and no need of the other seems an inconvenience but a new opportunity to celebrate their relationship.
Yes, fortunately, that is the rule; mothers and daughters love and respect one another, share with each other the most intimate thoughts, the most difficult situations, and dilemmas.
But, yes, unfortunately, there are few unlucky ones who (most probably) never get the chance to know how this amazing love feels, the love between mother and daughter.
If, sadly, you’re one of them (the minority of the unlucky few) remember it’s in your power to change your story, to change the narrative of your life from this day forward.
Next, you’ll discover 100 inspirational mother daughter quotes to celebrate this fantastic relationship further; or, heal yourself from the pain of not having what most mothers and daughter have and build a better tomorrow. Get inspired, be happier!
1. Dear mom, I get it now.
2. You’re the mom everyone wishes they had.
3. I am proud of many things in life but nothing beats being a mother of such a girl.
4. Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.
5. A mother understands what a child does not say.
6. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world.
7. You are my miracle. Never cease to be so wonderful as you are now.
8. I see my mother exactly as she is – sad and strong, tense and trying. – Corey Ann Haydu
9. A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.
10. We, mothers, are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight. – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
11. Thank you for taking me with you on a beautiful journey, called motherhood. This life period makes me extremely happy.
12. A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones. – Kristin Hannah
13. And she loved her little girl very, very much – even more than she loved herself.
14. I carry your heart with me everywhere I go, love you to the moon and back.
15. The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter.
16. No matter how old you are, you always want your mother’s love and acceptance. I guess I’m hoping one day I’ll get it back. – Hilary Grossman
17. I hope you believe in yourself as much as I believe in you.
18. The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom. – Sandra Vischer
19. Darling, it doesn’t matter where you go, I will always be with you, encouraging you when you feel down and sharing happiness with you.
20. First my mother, forever my friend.
21. Yes, it’s quite amazing how I continue to shock my mother even after all these years together. – Eloisa James
22. Out of all the moms in the world, I’m so glad you are mine.
23. Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with. – Melia Keeton-Digby
24. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.
25. Good daughters make good mothers.
26. Her mother would tell her she was beautiful and that everything was all right. – Sarah Addison Allen
27. A daughter is the biggest treasure for a mother and the mother is the biggest pride for a daughter.
28. I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile. – Adriana Trigiani
29. The love between a mother and a daughter is forever.
30. The best place to cry is in a mother’s arms. – Jodi Picoult
31. I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamed possible.
32. Mother and daughter got on very well indeed, with a deep affection founded on almost complete misunderstanding. – Mary Stewart
33. A daughter makes a mother’s life brighter and the mother makes daughter’s life warmer.
34. To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. – Maya Angelou
35. Let me love you a little more before you’re not little anymore.
36. My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me. – R.J. Palacio
37. If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
38. As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire. – Jessica Kirkland
39. For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.
40. Her voice was perfect, custom-made for my ears. I wanted to hit the record button in my brain and save this all for later. Half of me was listening to her words, but the other half was mesmerized by the melody. – Kathy Hatfield
41. No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.
42. The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise. – Rick Riordan
43. There is nothing more powerful than a mother’s love for her daughter and there is nothing more healing than daughter’s gratitude.
44. If you can’t go back to your mother’s womb, you’d better learn to be a good fighter. – Anchee Min
45. A mother’s treasure is her daughter.
46. Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away.
47. If I could give my daughter three things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams, and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.
48. What the daughter does, the mother did. – Jewish Proverb
49. Since I’ve heard your first scream and saw your wonderful eyes, my heart has been stolen. And it was the prettiest thief I’ve ever seen.
50. Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.
51. By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.
52. Be the woman you want your daughter to be.
53. You’re my treasure in life. I’ve done many wrong things in life, but one thing which I’ve made right is that I gave birth to you.
54. The special bond shared between a mother and daughter is the one place in all the world were hearts can be sure of each other. Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, but our roots remain one.
55. A daughter is God’s way of saying, “thought you could use a lifelong friend.”
56. I look at my mom and think, what would I do without this woman?
57. The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant. ― Jane Sellman
58. If I’ve learned anything as a mom with a daughter who’s three, I’ve learned that you cannot judge the way another person is raising their kid. Everybody is just doing the best they can. It’s hard to be a mom.
― Maggie Gyllenhaal
59. Dear Daughter, don’t concern yourself with fitting into glass slippers. Think instead of shattering glass ceilings.
60. When a mother quarrels with a daughter, she has a double dose of unhappiness hers from the conflict, and empathy with her daughter’s from the conflict with her. Throughout her life, a mother retains this special need to maintain a good relationship with her daughter.
61. A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. – Emily Dickinson
62. I want my children to go further than what I have attained.
63. The older I get, the more I see The power of that young woman, my mother. ― Sharon Olds
64. Here’s to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
65. Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.
66. No influence is so powerful as that of the mother. ― Sarah Josepha Hale
67. I wonder if other mothers feel a tug at their insides, watching their children grow up into the people they themselves wanted so badly to be. ― Jodi Picoult
68. Any mother could perform the jobs of Several air-traffic controllers with ease. ― Lisa Alther
69. Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ― Beverly Jones
70. Life is tough my darling, but so are you.
71. A mother is she who can take the place of others, but whose place no one else can take.
72. From a little girl so very small, how and when did you get so tall? ― Karen Mortensen
73. Dear Daughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes.
74. Mother and daughter like spoons in a drawer. ― Maggie Stiefvater
75. I am everything you helped me to be.
76. Being a mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had… and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed. – Linda Wooten
77. Even though we fight and drive each other crazy, we now have this little reminder that our love for one another is greater than anything in this world.
78. A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.
79. There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
80. Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few ranks with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth. – Victoria Secunda
81. Every day I become a little bit more like my mother… and I couldn’t be prouder.
82. You are the most beautiful thing I keep inside my heart.
83. Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. – Robert Browning
84. Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ― Pearl S. Buck
85. There is this girl, she stole my heart, she calls me mommy.
86. I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely. ― Renita Weems
87. I did not give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.
88. Someone once told me that when you give birth to a daughter, you’ve just met the person whose hand you’ll be holding the day you die. ― Jodi Picoult
89. Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work. – C.S. Lewis
90. Of course, mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view. – Katherine Howe
91. A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones. ― Kristin Hannah
92. I will protect you until you are grown and then I will let you fly free. But loving you, that is for always.
93. Even as a small child, I understood that a woman had secrets and that some of these were only to be told to daughters. In this way, we were bound together for eternity. ― Alice Hoffman
94. A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things, and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. – Agatha Christie
95. Being a mom might mean that my hands are full, but so is my heart.
96. I want my daughter to believe deep in her heart that she is capable of achieving anything she puts her mind to.
97. A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. – Princess Diana
98. In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears… there is mom. The one person who is always there. – Heather Stillufsen
99. I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.
100. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. – J.K. Rowling