Personal finances affect every aspect of our daily lives. Whether that’s a lack of financial stability, not knowing where to put your excess or missing financial confidence, we all need a little help sometimes.
That’s why we love these 48 best personal finance quotes. Famous authors, business owners, and financial advisors all have their own unique wisdom when it comes to personal finance. It pays off to listen and learn from these wise financial sayings.
Motivational quotes about personal finance
The following quotes are here to inspire us to take control of our personal finances once and for all. These empowering words will lift you up and fill you with the motivation you need to reach your financial goals.
1. “Fortune befriends the bold.” – Emily Dickinson
2. “Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work.” – Robert Orben
3. “The question isn’t at what age I want to retire, it’s at what income.” – George Foreman
4. “Not money, Not skills, but Time is the biggest lever for massive wealth creation.” – Manoj Arora
5. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
6. “The more you learn, the more you earn.” – Warren Buffet
7. “Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.” – Harv Eker
8. “The goal isn’t more money. The goal is living life on your terms.” – Chris Brogan
9. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
10. “Working because you want to, not because you have to is financial freedom.” – Tony Robbins
11. “There is no monopoly on becoming a millionaire. If you’re jealous of those with more money, don’t just sit there and complain—do something to make more money yourself.” – Gina Rinehart
12. “At least eighty percent of millionaires are self-made. That is, they started with nothing but ambition and energy, the same way most of us start.” – Brian Tracy
Related: The 6 Best Brian Tracy Books
Not everybody receives a strong financial education from their families or schooling. That’s where advice quotes can become particularly helpful, because it’s never too late to learn. Think about how you can apply these financial learnings to your own situation, or share them with a friend who needs some help.
1. “Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.” – Benjamin Franklin
2. “Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.” – Nathan W. Morris
3. “When you know the impact of little expenses, you will realise that there is nothing little in this world.” – Manoj Arora
4. “Financial planning and discipline is key to one’s financial freedom.” – Kishorkumar Balpalli
5. “Wealth, like a tree, grows from a seed. The sooner you plant that seed the sooner shall the tree grow.” – George S. Clason
6. “To contract new debts is not the way to pay old ones.” – George Washington
7. “Your focus determines your reality.” – George Lucas
8. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen
9. “To get rich, you have to be making money while you’re asleep.” – David Bailey
10. “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing.” – J. Paul Getty
11. “Financial struggle is often the direct result of people working all their lives for someone else.” – Robert Kiyosaki
12. “You can make excuses and earn sympathy, or you can make money and earn admiration. The choice is always yours.” – Manoj Arora
Sometimes the day-to-day grind of making, spending, and saving money gets on top of us, and we can begin to lose perspective. That’s when the words of Epictetus to Nelson Mandela are required to enlighten and shine a light on the true meaning of life, and the way personal finances relate to this.
1. “He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.” – Jonathan Swift
3. “Rather go to bed supperless, than rise in debt.” – Benjamin Franklin
4. “Money is usually attracted, not pursued.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” – Norman Vincent Peale
6. “Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” – Epictetus
7. “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” – Nelson Mandela
8. “The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” – Anonymous
9. “If you live for having it all, what you have is never enough.” – Vicki Robin
10. “Wealth, after all, is a relative thing since he that has little and wants less is richer than he that has much and wants more.” – Charles Caleb Colton
11. “Financial fitness is not a pipe dream or a state of mind. It’s a reality if you are willing to pursue it and embrace it.” – Will Robinson
12. “Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future. Though we need nothing at the moment it ensures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises.” – Aristotle
Without humor, personal finance can become an overly serious and anxiety-inducing term. The truth is, there is much to laugh about when it comes to the trials and tribulations of getting together our personal finances. They’ll be successes, failures, and many times where it is better to laugh and move forward.
1. “If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.” – James Goldsmith
2. “Remember the golden rule: he who has the gold makes the rules.” – Unknown
3. “When I was young, I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know that it is.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” – P.T. Barnum
5. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you’re being miserable.” – Clare Boothe Luce
6. “Don’t look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack.” – John Bogle
7. “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.” – Woody Allen
8. “If saving money is wrong, I don’t want to be right!” – William Shatner
9. “Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.” – Warren Buffett
10. “Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.” – Unknown
11. “Running into debt isn’t so bad. It’s running into creditors that hurts.” – Unknown
12. “Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.” – Helen Gurley Brown
What did you think of these 48 personal finance quotes? Whether you want to become more enlightened and empowered, are looking for advice, or just a little laugh, we hope you enjoyed this blog post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?