Discover in this article, 25 of the best Phoenix Rising from the Ashes Quotes and get inspired on how to overcome challenges that seemed impossible to conquer.
Two friends, Steve and John, go rock climbing. Two feet before the summit John slips and free falls.
“John, are you ok?” Steve shout
“Yes” replies John in an echo.
“Do you need help?”
“Yes, but not yet.”
“Can you get out of there?”
“Yes, but not yet.”
“Why not yet?”
“I’m still falling; I haven’t hit the bottom yet.”
That is a joke and as funny as it could be, it’s also a true story out of our lives. Many times when we are in difficulty, find it hard to pick up ourselves because those challenges feel like a wave that you can’t fight until you hit the sea floor.
There is only one thing in this world that has no solution; that something is death. For everything else, you always have many ways to rise and overcome whatever stands in your path.
Like the Phoenix rising from its ashes, no matter how often you hit bottom, stand up, dust yourself off, and march forward.
Life sometimes feels like a rollercoaster… and not always the safest one. However, that’s one of the things that make life beautiful, spicing things up, challenging us to make changes, to improve ourselves, to be better tomorrow than we are today.
Fear not hitting rock bottom, do fear getting comfortable being there.
If you’re wondering how come people wait to get to the lowest point possible before making the change? Think of John from our joke. No matter how much he wants to get out of the crevasse, as long as he is falling, he can do little to nothing to get out of the situation. The gravity and speed are against him.
So, don’t blame yourself for not finding strength and power to pick yourself up as soon as you notice you’re in trouble.
On the other hand, don’t get comfortable with being uncomfortable. You are never depleted of resources and power to stand up. There are always, deep inside you, the tools you need to make your life beautiful, increase your well-being. You are like the desert bloom. A bit of water and the desert fills up with beautiful flowers.
How come is possible to become comfortable with being uncomfortable? We get comfortable and complacent with whatever feels familiar, what we know, what we learned how to navigate.
Plus, for each problem (we have), we forum an expectation of how much we must work and pay to solve it. If the solution seems too easy or too cheap, we linger in that pain for years.
Phoenix can’t rise from its own ashes before it burns. However, there is no need for you to endure a difficult situation just because the obvious solution seems too easy.
Do you feel the need to readjust the course of your life? Do you feel stuck? (which is worse than falling) Do you wish to have a magic wand and make things better?
Believe you’re enough! Have the confidence you can always find how to deal with life. Yet, remember that you can’t get out of a deep hole when you’re still fast falling.
Take a moment to:
- Reflect on things,
- Forgive yourself for whatever keeps you up at night,
- Offer yourself compassion, and then
- Stand up.
Remember to put your vanity aside, never suffer in silence, ask for help. The hero of any story always has a supporting team.
1. I’m like a phoenix. I rise from the ashes. – Bess Myerson
2. In order to rise from its own ashes, a phoenix first must burn. – Octavia Butler
3. Whether we remain the ash or become the Phoenix is up to us. – Ming-Dao Deng
4. And let it direct your passion with reason, that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rises above its own ashes. – Khalil Gibran
5. she told me she’d be a phoenix.” The image of the mythical creature rising from the ashes glitters in my mind. “They don’t really exist.” “She said that depends on whether or not there’s someone who can see them. – Jodi Picoult
6. Allowing the pain of personal growth to be a crucible of your spirit-the alchemical grail through which the metal of your former self-turns into gold- is one of the highest callings of life. Pain can burn you up and destroy you, or burn you up and redeem you. It can deliver you to an entrenched despair or deliver you to your higher self. At midlife, we decide, consciously or unconsciously, the path of the victim or the path of the Phoenix when it is rising up at last. – Marianne Williamson
7. Stars are phoenixes, rising from their own ashes. – Carl Sagan
8. I am a phoenix who runs after arsonists. – Saul Bellow
9. It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. – Anne Baxter
10. The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune’s spite; revive from ashes and rise. – Miguel de Cervantes
11. We are like the Phoenix,” said Abuelita. “Rising again, with a new life ahead of us. – Pam Muñoz Ryan
12. The phoenix must burn to emerge. – Janet Fitch
13. Only the phoenix rises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost. – Neil Gaiman
14. Which came first, the Phoenix or the flame?” “…I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.” “Well reasoned.” – J. K. Rowling
15. Once you’ve had your life burn down, it takes time to be a Phoenix. – Sharon Stone
16. God help you if you are a phoenix and you dare to rise up from the ash. A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy while you are just flying past. – Ani DiFranco
17. Our passions are the true phoenixes; when the old one is burnt out, a new one rises from its ashes. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?