No lifetime, no matter how successful it may be, will truly be fulfilling or worthwhile if you cannot learn to be yourself and love that person.
Just as others have risen to the challenge, you too can discover the true you. Learn to stand your ground and be proud of who you really are.
Be your own best friend because if you’re not, who is?
As with any other good friend, be kind, be loving, be tolerant, be compassionate.
Isn’t it shocking how media is trying to manipulate you these days? On the one hand tells you how you deserve everything and on the other hand, tells you how you’re never good enough.
Feel that you’re enough and improve yourself for your benefit not because someone is telling that you need to change.
We’ll not talk today about the virtues of authenticity (even though it’s so fashionable…). Being yourself doesn’t necessarily means to be authentic all the time. Authenticity means more to be naked in front of everyone; being yourself means to bring out the best in you, strive to put forward your best foot.
Allowing yourself to be yourself is a sign of self-respect, strength, and wisdom. Let’s face it, no matter how much you try you can’t be for too long someone else. Is it not? Besides, what will be the point? The world needs you as you are!
Improve your self-esteem starting from the knowledge that you are good enough as you are today. Low self-esteem is not a consequence of not being enough; it’s a consequence of thinking that you’re not enough. Feeling good and comfortable in your own skin is not a consequence of how much others like you; it’s a consequence of you liking yourself.
May these 50 best quotes about being yourself help you stay true:
1. Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.
2. You cannot change what you are, only what you do. – Philip Pullman
3. You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
4. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. – Andre Gide
5. In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
6. Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life. – Ellen Sue Stern
7. Originality is… a by-product of sincerity. – Marianne Moore
8. Faithless To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. – Malcolm S. Forbes
10. Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
11. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. – Sandra Bierig
12. We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us. – Virginia Satir
13. Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
14. Being true to yourself is better than being a liar.
15. Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right. – Toba Beta
16. I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it. – Johnny Depp
17. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own? – Brigham Young
18. No one is you and that is your power.
19. Never dull your shine for somebody else. – Tyra Banks
20. Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are. – Jaeda deWalt
21. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethet
22. Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire. – St. Catherine of Sienna
23. Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. – Lao Tzu
24. Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness. – Allen Ginsberg
25. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. – Bertrand Russell
26. Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. – Brian Tracy
27. Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin. – Helen Edwards
28. Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else. – Judy Garland
29. Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life. – Meg Medina
30. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
31. We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. – Andre Berthiaume
32. Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are. – Aslan
33. Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself. – Toby Keith
34. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
35. Not everyone will understand you or get your energy. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone, just worry about becoming your best self.
36. Never be ashamed of yourself. Be proud of who you are, and don’t worry about how others see you.
37. Stop hating yourself for everything you are not, and start loving yourself for everything you already are.
38. Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
39. Always stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.
40. Do not compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.
41. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.
42. Never let them put you in a box.
43. Why fit in when you were born to stand out! – Dr. Seuss
44. Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.
45. When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t. – Jodi Picoult
46. You are not your parents; you are you. Think like you.
47. Authenticity: The courage to be yourself.
48. You are the only one who can limit your greatness. Remember that you are enough.
49. The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are. The second greatest is being happy with what you find.
50. To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings