Definition (having a sister) | Elder Sister | Little Sister |
From Brother (To Sister) | To Brother (From Sister) | Funny | Birthday |
Best Sister | Soul Sister | Sisterly Love | Friendship | Sisterly Bond and Relationship |
Missing You | Losing a Sister | Inspirational | On Mother’s Day |Wedding |
Sister Goals | Loyalty | Memories | Sorority |
Memes | GIFs | Movie Quotes (from Frozen and others)
Growing up with a sister can be wonderful, but it can also be annoying. But then again, your sisters are irreplaceable, and no matter where life takes you, that will always stay true.
Whether you’re the wild little sister or the reliable big sister, letting them know how much they mean to you is very important.
Discover in this article, 100 of the best sister quotes that you can share with them during special occasions, or just about any other day. Improve your sister’s love with these inspirational quotes today!
1. A true sister will stand by your side.
2. A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.
3. Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
4. The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.
5. Sisters are the friends who know all of your secrets but will never judge you.
6. Sisters may share the same mother and father but appear to come from different families.
7. A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. – Elizabeth Fishel
8. Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. – Carol Saline
9. A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. – Isadora James
10. Also remember, sisters, make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. – Marilyn Monroe
11. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child. — Barbara Alpert
1. An older sister is a friend and defender – a listener, conspirator, a counselor, and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.
2. Dear sister, you may be gone from my sight, but you are never far from my heart.
3. Sisters teach us about cooperation, fairness, caring, and kindness. Oftentimes, they teach us these lessons the hard way.
4. Older sisters are the only people who will pick on you for their own amusement and beat up anyone else who tries to do the same.
5. What I really love about being your sister is that we can have inappropriate conversations that no rational person would ever have.
1. That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end, they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.
2. Being sisters means you always have a backup.
3. A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I’ve got.
4. It’s so hard to be an adult, responsible, and sensible every second of the day. That’s why it’s so great to have a sister who has a heart as young as yours.
5. At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them. — Ken Wheaton
1. Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.
2. I love you, little sister. Please remember I will always be here for you no matter what. Love, your handsome brother.
3. A conversation with my sister will always bring me comfort – no matter what life throws at me.
4. As a big brother, the day comes when you have to respect your baby sister’s thoughts, actions, and vision as a mature and intellectual woman.
5. As a little brother, I respect you, care for you, and love for you. I won’t disappoint you sister.
1. I have a tendency to become a mother to everyone around me. My brother and sister are always complaining that I’m too protective. – Penelope Cruz
2. Being a sister and brother means being there for each other.
3. My brother has the best sister in the world.
4. The greatest gift our parents gave us was each other.
5. You and I are brothers and sisters forever. Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up. As soon as I finish laughing.
6. I grew up together with you and nobody in the world has a strong bond as we have. I love you.
1. Sisters love each other dearly, but at the same time, want to wring each other’s necks.
2. I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because you can’t do anything about it.
3. More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.
4. Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.
5. There is no problem that sisters cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car.
6. If you ask me, being a sister is even better than being a princess.
7. When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count.
8. You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up … after I finish laughing.
9. The great thing about having a sister is that there’s always someone to pass the blame on.
10. Do you think I am crazy? You should meet my sister!
11. It’s better to compete with your sister than with other people. If you lose, she will shower you with hugs and kisses instead of insults.
12. Sisters have a Tom and Jerry relationship, always on each other’s trail but can never be complete without the other.
1. Let us celebrate your birthday by promising that we will always remain at each other’s side no matter what happens. Happy Birthday, Sister.
2. I am so thankful to have a sister like you in my life. Celebrate your birthday in a big way! You have always deserved the best.
3. The most heartfelt birthday greetings to the person whose presence in my life makes it so bright and special!
4. Sisters are very similar to the best friends. Often you never know that they are keeping a close and caring eye on you so that nothing can bother your happiness. Happy Birthday.
5. Some say that wishes are for the stars, but I can wish you too because I know you’ve already become a star in my life. Happy Birthday, sister.
6. You have always been my partner in crime, but you are going to have to do this getting older thing all by yourself. Happy Birthday.
7. Of all the gifts that are big and small, sisters are the very best of all.
1. I can choose my lovers and my friends. But I never had the opportunity to choose my sister, and I’m glad I didn’t because she is the best sister anyone could ever have.
2. Sisters aren’t best friends – they’re even better.
3. I never try to make anyone my best friend because I already have one and she is my sister.
4. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. — Amy Li
5. My sister is my best friend because she believes in me when I don’t believe in myself.
1. Sisters don’t need words. They’ve perfected their own secret language.
2. A good friend will listen to your worries with open ears, but only a sister will listen to your worries and fears with an open heart.
3. Sisters always know when it’s time to talk, and when it’s time to listen; when it’s time cry, and when it’s time to laugh.
1. Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.
2. There are only two things you need in this world: love and a sister.
3. Side by side or miles apart we are sisters connected by the heart.
4. Sisters bring out the strongest of emotions and the best in us. They’re the first people we love and a lifelong friend.
5. If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. — Linda Sunshine
6. A sister smile when one tells one’s stories, for she knows where the decoration has been added. – Chris Montaigne
1. Bonds between sisters are tightly woven and sometimes loosely held. But they can never be broken.
2. You can kid the world. But not your sister. — Charlotte Gray
3. It’s nice to grow up with a sister; someone to lean on, to count on, and to tell on.
4. When we stand shoulder to shoulder, sister, no one can ever come between us.
5. There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.
6. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.
7. Sisters are a lot like cats. They fight and claw at each other, but at the end of the day, they snuggle up together and daydream.
8. Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most. – Lisa See
9. When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to.
10. Only a sister will tell you honestly when an outfit you’re wearing doesn’t look great on you.
11. Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister? – Alice Walker
12. Sisters are probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. – Margaret Mead
1. A sister in a friend will come and go but a friend in a sister will always remain.
2. Boys leave, so do friends, but sisters are friends that will never go. And they just happen to have come from the same mother.
3. Sisters are friends you can be truly honest with.
4. For there is no friend like a sister In calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
5. There is no friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you.
6. With friends, you have to put on a good face, but with sisters, you can be tedious and even boring.
7. There is no better friend in this world than a sister, and no sister in the world is better than you.
1. In life, people will come and go. Friends change as swiftly as the weather. But I always know that my sister will be here forever.
2. Sisters are always connected at the heart even if they’re miles apart.
3. Remember sister, you are always in my heart. I keep you so close that there is no chance of escaping.
1. Fairies truly are real. I have one, and I call her sister.
2. Sis, you will always have a special place in my life.
3. What’s good news if you have no sister to share it with?
4. I don’t understand how people make it through life without a sister.
1. Sisters are two distinct flowers from the same beautiful garden.
2. Sisters are mirrors that let us see who we really are on the inside.
3. Never look down on your sister except when you’re picking her up.
4. I know for certain that destiny and fate are on my side because I share wonderful memories with a sister who saw me through life’s greatest strides.
1. My sisters and my mom, those people help me get through every single day.
1. Raising my glass today to toast my beautiful sis, you are truly one of a kind.
2. Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.
3. Happy married life my dear sister. You are going to be an awesome wife just the way you were an amazing daughter, a wonderful sister, and adorable friend.
4. Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.
1. Help one another is part of the religion of sisterhood.
2. Sisters are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way. – Pamela Dugdale
3. While growing up, sisters fight to make each other stronger and ready to face the cruel world.
4. We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time. — Lisa See
1. A loyal sister is worth a thousand friends.
2. The media leads us to believe that the most important relationship in our lives is a romantic one. But sisterhood will last longer than any other relationship. Sisters will always be there.
3. Sisters are two peas in a pod, bugs in a rug, birds of a feather, and friends forever.
4. I may fight with my sister, but if you try to lay a hand on her, you’ll have to deal with me.
5. Friends change, lovers leave, sisters are eternal.
6. Our sisters are there for us from the start of our own personal stories until the very end.
1. A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.
2. Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
3. A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. — Marion Garretty
4. Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.” — Pam Brown
5. Sisters make the good times even better and the hard times just a little bit easier.
6. Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams, and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be. — Toni Morrison
7. Sisters share the smells, scents, and feelings of a shared childhood.
8. Life would be empty and incomplete without a sister to share my life’s greatest moments with.
9. All of the textbooks, tutorials, guides, and journals in the world couldn’t teach you the life experiences that your sister can teach you.
1. Sisterhood is powerful.
2. We may be sisters by blood, but we’re friends by choice.
3. Help one another is part of the religion of sisterhood. — Louisa May Alcott
4. We make enemies and acquire friends throughout life. But our sisters – they come with the territory.
A sister is that person who understands you the best, protects and loves you without asking for anything in return.
If you have a sister, she gave you the first example of what true friendship and deep connection mean. Is it not?
As children, you might have had many fights, as children often do. However, quickly everything was forgotten and forgiven. That was your first exercise of:
- Agreeing to disagree
- Offer love and support
- Be tolerant
- Make concessions and understand the true meaning of compromise
- Feel useful and needed
- Daring to ask for help
Check out these 100 of the best Sister Quotes and become even better, more understanding and compassionate siblings to your fantastic sister(s).
Affordable, private online counseling.