Sunday is a day of worship or leisure for most. Some spend it for a much needed “me” time, while others go to church with their families. No matter how you go on a Sunday, it’s undeniably a time for you to be free of worries.
Sit back and relax as you read some of the most inspirational Sunday quotes and sayings we have collected.
1. “The life of the wealthy is one long Sunday.” — Georg Buchner
2. “It was not enough to come and listen to a great sermon or message every Sunday morning and be confined to those four walls and those four corners. You had to get out and do something.” — John Lewis
3. “I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a Sunday.” — W. C. Fields
4. “Living up to ideals is like doing everyday work with your Sunday clothes on.” — Edward W. Howe
5. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” — Joseph Addison
6. “Although it was in primitive times and differently called the Lord’s day or Sunday, yet it was never denominated the Sabbath; a name constantly appropriate to Saturday, or the Seventh day both by sacred and ecclesiastical writers.” — Charles Buck
7. “The biggest thrill wasn’t in winning on Sunday but in meeting the payroll on Monday.” — Art Rooney
8. “In the morning on Sunday, a drum is sounded at about 8 o’clock.” — William Brewster
9. “An American of the present day reading his Sunday newspaper in a state of lazy collapse is one of the most perfect symbols of the triumph of quantity over quality that the world has yet seen.” — Irving Babbitt
10. “On Sunday morning, I’m not nervous… I can’t wait to tell what God wants me to say.” — Charles Stanley
11. “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” — Bernhard Langer
12. “The real advantage for me is that I have the opportunity to lead worship every Sunday.” — John Tesh
13. “Sunday is about relaxing and wearing anything comfortable. I love wearing a J. Crew shirt and jeans, which is a treat because I never wear these kinds of clothes during the week.” — Aerin Lauder
14. “Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” — Susan Ertz
15. “If God hadn’t rested on Sunday, He would have had time to finish the world.” — Gabriel Garcia Marquez
16. “On Sundays when I speak, I hopefully give somebody something that they can use the next day at work or at home.” — Joel Osteen
17. “Most adults, unlike most children, understand the difference between a book that will hold them spellbound for a rainy Sunday afternoon and a book that will put them in touch with a part of themselves they didn’t even know existed.” — Mark Haddon
18. “I spent a year in that town, one Sunday.” — George Burns
19. “It was a Sunday afternoon, wet and cheerless; and a duller spectacle this earth of ours has not to show than a rainy Sunday in London.” — Thomas de Quincey
20. “It’s not enough to attend church and pray every Sunday; you have to act.” — Abbe Pierre
21. “You know what I like to do on a Sunday morning? Clean my house. I really enjoy it it’s my ritual. I require tidiness, actually. I have to have everything spotless before I can relax.” — Jonathan Rhys Meyers
22. “Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday.” — Woody Allen
23. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” — Albert Schweitzer
24. “I guess God made Boston on a wet Sunday.” — Raymond Chandler
25. “Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes.” — Joseph Roux
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?