Taylor Swift is an American Grammy-award winner singer and songwriter. She is best known for her narrative songs, which is mostly about her life and her relationships with men.
Swift was born in Pennsylvania to Scott and Andrea Swift. As a young girl, she became interested in musical theater and occasionally traveled to New York for singing lessons. Inspired by Shania Twain and Faith Hill, Swift moved to Tennessee at the age of 14 to pursue a career in country music.
In 2006, she released her first album and was the longest-charting album of the 2000s in America. Two years later, Swift’s second album catapulted her to fame after the success of her two singles, “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me.” The album received four Grammy awards, including the Album of the Year award, making her the youngest recipient of the title.
Swift has received many awards from the Country Music Associations Awards to Songwriters Hall of Fame. She also ranked among Time‘s most influential people in the world, Forbes Celebrity 100, and more. Besides her hugely successful music career, Swift is also a product endorses and has donated to several charity organizations.
Swift has released a total of seven albums: Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, and this year’s Lover.
Be inspired to write a song from your heart as you read through some of the most inspirational Taylor Swift quotes and sayings that explore her views on love, music, friendship, and many more.
Table of Contents
Taylor Swift Quotes About Love
1. “Love always ends differently and it always begins differently – especially with me.”
2. “I approach love differently now that I know it’s hard for it to work out.”
3. “There are no rules when it comes to love.”
4. “I haven’t had that one great love, which is good. I don’t want that to be in the past – I want it to be in the future.”
5. “I believe when it comes to love, there’s something intangible about who we are attracted to, and I don’t think I have a pattern.”
6. “I’ve been careful in love. I’ve been careless in love. And I’ve had adventures I wouldn’t trade for anything.”
Taylor Swift Quotes About Music
1. “My definition of country music is really pretty simple. It’s when someone sings about their life and what they know, from an authentic place.”
2. “I would love to continue in music, with writing… but I am not the kind of person who will hang around if I start to become irrelevant. If that happens, I will bow down gracefully, raise my kids, and have a garden. And I am going to let my hair go gray when I am older. I don’t need to be blonde when I’m 60!”
3. “For me, great music doesn’t just have to fall into one category or one genre and I love appreciating all kinds of music.”
4. “I don’t think I’d ever make an album of just covers because I love writing my own music.”
5. “The business aspect is one of the most important things about having a music career, because every choice you make in a management meeting affects your life a year-and-a-half from now.”
6. “I feel the emotion that life conjures up and the songs I write get me closer to my feelings and realising who I am. It’s a natural process.”
7. “People haven’t always been there for me, but music always has.”
8. “Music is my shining light, my favorite thing in the world. To get me to stop doing it for one second would be difficult!”
9. “I write songs that are like diary entries. I have to do it in order to feel sane.”
10. “I’m not afraid to write my feelings in songs.”
11. “I think I first realized I wanted to be in country music and be an artist when I was 10. And I started dragging my parents to festivals, and fairs, and karaoke contests, and I did that for about a year before I came to Nashville for the first time. I was 11 and I had this demo CD of me singing Dixie Chicks and Leanne Rimes songs.”
12. “I wish all teenagers can filter through songs instead of turning to drugs and alcohol.”
Taylor Swift Quotes About Friends
1. “I love making new friends and I respect people for a lot of different reasons.”
2. “All you need to do to be my friend is like me.”
3. “My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.”
4. “If you cry over a guy, then your friends can’t date him. It can’t even be considered.”
More Taylor Swift Quotes and Sayings
1. “You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you’d experience. You have rejection and you have learn how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.”
2. “A lot of people ask me, ‘How did you have the courage to walk up to record labels when you were 12 or 13 and jump right into the music industry?’ It’s because I knew I could never feel the kind of rejection that I felt in middle school. Because in the music industry, if they’re gonna say no to you, at least they’re gonna be polite about it.”
3. “In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.”
4. “I get really restless when I haven’t worked for a day and a half. I have a recurring dream that people are lined up next to my bed, waiting for autographs and taking pictures of me!”
5. “I love it when people say things to me in public and want to meet me, because I want to meet them! Early on, my manager told me, ‘If you want to sell 500,000 records, then go out there and meet 500,000 people.'”
6. “All of my favorite people – people I really trust – none of them were cool in their younger years.”
7. “For everything I do, I think about a 6-year-old girl and her mom that I saw at my concert last night. I think about what those two individuals would think if I were at a club last night. I never want to be arrested, and I never want to get a DUI, those are my moral values.”
8. “It feels kinda weird being back in a high school cause I haven’t been in a high school for about a year. So um, it’s kinda interesting coming back, and y’know seeing the lockers, with all the signs, the handmade signs, so being in high school again is a little bit strange but in a good way.”
9. “I have this fear of falling in front of large groups of people. That’s why I tend not to wear heels.”
10. “At some point, you grow out of being attracted to that flame that burns you over and over and over again.”
11. “In this business you have to develop a thick skin, but I’m always going to feel everything. It’s my nature.”
12. “I don’t ever feel like the cool kid at the party, ever. It’s like, ‘Smile and be nice to everybody, because you were not invited to be here.'”
13. “When I’m getting to know someone, I look for someone who has passions that I respect, like his career. Someone who loves what he does is really attractive.”
14. “Relationships are like traffic lights. And I just have this theory that I can only exist in a relationship if it’s a green light.”
15. “I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore.”
16. “When you hear people making hateful comments, stand up to them. Point out what a waste it is to hate, and you could open their eyes.”
17. “I think the tiniest little thing can change the course of your day, which can change the course of your year, which can change who you are.”
18. “What makes me happy is just curling up in with my mom in her bed and watching a marathon of ‘CSI’ and ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ episodes with pints of ice cream.”
19. “I remember straightening my hair because I wanted to be like everybody else, and now the fact that anybody would emulate what I do? It’s just funny.”
20. “For me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don’t think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I’m with them.”
21. “I never want to change so much that people can’t recognize me.”
22. “A development deal is where they’re giving you recording time and money to record, but not promising that they’ll put an album out.”
23. “I am an over-achiever, and I want to be known for the good things in my life.”
24. “Fans are my favorite thing in the world. I’ve never been the type of artist who has that line drawn between their friends and their fans. The line’s always been really blurred for me. I’ll hang out with them after the show. I’ll hang out with them before the show. If I see them in the mall, I’ll stand there and talk to them for 10 minutes.”
25. “I know my flaws before other people point them out to me.”
26. “Faith Hill is a big role model.”
27. “I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.”
28. “I think about food literally all day every day. It’s a thing.”
29. “I was from a small town, and nobody really expects you to leave, especially before you graduate. That doesn’t happen.”
30. “I think fearless is having fears but jumping anyway.”
31. “Red is such an interesting color to correlate with emotion, because it’s on both ends of the spectrum. On one end you have happiness, falling in love, infatuation with someone, passion, all that. On the other end, you’ve got obsession, jealousy, danger, fear, anger and frustration.”
32. “I have this really high priority on happiness and finding something to be happy about.”
33. “I’m not the girl who always has a boyfriend. I’m the girl who rarely has a boyfriend.”
34. “I’ve always felt music is the only way to give an instantaneous moment the feel of slow motion. To romanticize it and glorify it and give it a soundtrack and a rhythm.”
35. “When you’re singing you can hear the echo of people in the audience singing every single word with you, and that was that big dream that I had for myself. It’s happening.”
36. “Factoring in millions of people when I’m writing a song is not a good idea. I don’t ever do it.”
If you’d like to more about the life of Taylor Swift, we recommend that you read her biography Tay: The Taylor Swift Story by Jill Parker.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?