Do you believe our society is more selfish than ever before? Do people feel more entitled than ever before? Are, these days more people forgetting to say “thank you” than ever before?
To be honest, I don’t know the answer to any of those questions because I live now and I don’t know what was before me.
What I do know is that most people love to have the opportunity and the reason to say “thank you”.
Discover in this article, 75 of the most inspirational “thank you” quotes so that never happens to you do not know how to show your appreciation.
I guess “thank you” was introduced in the human language close to our beginnings because every time we say it, we feel good: Who’s saying it feels good; who is receiving it also feels good.
There are many reasons why we sometimes fail to say these magic words “thank you”. Among those reasons, the following five seem to be the less obvious.
People are afraid that:
- By saying these two magic words, they look smaller in front of those who deserve them
- Remain in debt to someone they might not like (they see the person more relevant than the deed.)
- Others don’t understand what their duty is
(! Saying “thank you” to someone for doing their job increases the chances they will strive to do an equally, if not better, job in the future… Just a thought)
- “Thank you” could be translated into “I agree with you.”
(There are many situations when someone offers you unsolicited advice, opinion or help. You might believe that a refusal on your part would stop them doing the same in the future; that is not the case. On the contrary, when you say “NO” people continue barging in your life uninvited. Saying “thank you” has better chances to move the conversation to another subject.)
- “Thank you” could be interpreted as an admission of fault or lack of knowledge.
Inspire yourself from these 75 “thank you” quotes and never lose amazing opportunities to bring closer to you the people that make your life more enjoyable and happy.
“Thank you” quotes and notes are like flowers; given with pleasure, received with an open heart. Remind yourself that, like flowers, your thank you(s) bear seeds which give life to many fantastic things. Beyond any Horizon, at the end of it, it’s you.
So, thank you for taking the time to read this article and now let’s move to the 75 most inspirational “thank you” quotes. Get inspired, make your life better, deepen your connections, improve your relationships.
1. Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. – Confucius
2. I was complaining that I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet. – Confucius
3. Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
4. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. – John F. Kennedy
5. Thank you is the priceless gift.
6. Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing. – Mark Twain
7. Thanks for being the shoulder I can always depend on.
8. He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. – Epictetus
9. Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need.
10. A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings. – Mason Cooley
11. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life.
12. An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. – Henry David Thoreau
13. When you’re thankful for what you have, you are always rewarded with more.
14. Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality. – Alfred Painter
15. Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.
16. No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. – James Allen
17. It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
18. The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. – William James
19. Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines. – Leroy Satchel Paige
20. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience”. – Oprah Winfrey
21. As you breathe right now, another person takes their last. Learn to be content with what you have.
22. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it. – Richard Bach
23. Friends are always there for us that is why we should say thank you to them for everything that they have done for us.
24. Thank you for being my heart’s first home.
25. The more you thank life, the more life gives you something to be thankful for.
26. True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. – Seneca
27. If we don’t feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we will be happy with more.
28. Thank you, God for not giving up on me.
29. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength. – Alex Elle
30. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me smile like crazy. Thank you for making me happy.
31. Being told you’re appreciated is one of the simplest and most uplifting things you can hear.
32. Thank you for making me laugh when I’d almost forgotten how to.
33. Start each day with a thankful heart.
34. Since our yesterdays are gone and our tomorrows are never promised, today I want to thank all my amazing friends and family for being in my life.
35. I’m thankful for all those difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
36. When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. – Maya Angelou
37. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. – Thornton Wilder
38. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not. – Seneca
39. By giving more to others, you will discover that you have more for yourself.
40. I thought I was all alone, I felt like I had no one, and then you walked into my life. Thank you for always being there.
41. Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they open your eyes to the good things.
42. Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
43. Thank you for the beautiful ways you touch my life.
44. You cant’s force people to stay in your life. Staying is a choice, so be thankful for those people who choose you.
45. I am currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
46. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses. – Alphonse Karr
47. Rejoice always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances.
48. Stop now. Enjoy the moment. It’s now or never. – Maxime Lagacé
49. Dear Past, thank you for all the life lessons you have taught me.
50. ‘Thank you’ is the least I can say to you to show my appreciation for everything you have done for me.
51. Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot. – Hausa Proverb
52. When life was tough on me and I was alone… You came in and guided me through the ups and downs. Thank you so much!
53. I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. Thank you for brightening my world.
55. I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you, my heart has no bottom.
56. As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad? – Anne Frank
57. Today, take time to thank the people that have done you wrong. Without knowing it, they have made you stronger.
58. If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get. – Frank A. Clark
59. The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. – John E. Southard
60. Hearing the words ‘thank you’ can sometimes paint the prettiest smile on someone’s lips.
61. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
62. I may not have everything I want in life but I’m blessed enough to have all that I need!
63. Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
64. Some people make the world special just by being in it. Thanks for being my friend.
65. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. – Oscar Wilde
66. Thank you are the two easiest words in any language to say, but in today’s society they are a forgotten commodity.
67. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
68. Hardship is a blessing when it spurs effort and development; ease is a curse when it increases complacency and self-indulgence. – Muso Kokushi
69. Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. – David Thomas
70. Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful. – Buddha
71. Upon waking, let your first thought be: Thank You.
72. One day you will thank yourself for never giving up.
73. A sincere word of thanks is nothing but an extension of a generous self.
74. This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before. – Maya Angelou
75. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was “thank you” that would suffice. – Meister Eckhart