Today | Spiritual | Life’s Blessings | Motivation, Strength, and Inspiration |
Past Experiences | Kindness and Sympathy | Gratitude and Contentment | Self |
Family | Wife | Husband | Special Someone | Friends | Boss | Co-Workers | Teacher |
Veterans | Caregivers | Volunteers | Birthday | Wedding | Graduation | Retirement |
Funny | Memes | GIFs
Being thankful and expressing your gratefulness is a wonderful thing, and it’s an essential part of being happy in life.
But sometimes, when you feel incredibly thankful toward someone (may it be towards your friends, best friend, or loved ones), translating your highest appreciation into words can be difficult.
Whatever or whoever you’re thankful for, these thank you quotes and gratitude quotes will provide you with the inspiration you need.
Check out our collection of inspirational quotes and thank you phrases below.
1. Start each day with a thankful heart.
2. Upon waking, let your first thought be: Thank You.
3. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life.
4. This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before. – Maya Angelou
5. Stop now. Enjoy the moment. It’s now or never. – Maxime Lagacé
6. An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. – Henry David Thoreau
7. True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. – Seneca
1. Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need.
2. Thank you, God, for not giving up on me.
3. Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines. – Leroy Satchel Paige
4. Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality. – Alfred Painter
5. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was “thank you” that would suffice. – Meister Eckhart
6. Rejoice always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances.
7. God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’ – William Arthur Ward
8. O Lord, who lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness. – William Shakespeare
1. The more you thank life, the more life gives you something to be thankful for.
2. Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing. – Mark Twain
3. I was complaining that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. – Confucius
4. Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
5. He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. – Epictetus
6. A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings. – Mason Cooley
7. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. – Willie Nelson
1. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. – John F. Kennedy
2. Thanks for being the shoulder I can always depend on.
3. Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful. – Buddha
4. I’m thankful for all those difficult people in my life, they have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
5. Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they open your eyes to the good things.
6. Today, take time to thank the people that have done you wrong. Without knowing it, they have made you stronger.
7. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses. – Alphonse Karr
8. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. – William Arthur Ward
1. Dear Past, thank you for all the life lessons you have taught me.
2. I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength. – Alex Elle
3. True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience”. – Oprah Winfrey
1. Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. – Confucius
2. Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.
3. By giving more to others, you will discover that you have more for yourself.
4. The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. – John E. Southard
5. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. – Oscar Wilde
6. When life was tough on me and I was alone… You came in and guided me through the ups and downs. Thank you so much!
1. ‘Thank you’ is the priceless gift.
2. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
3. No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. – James Allen
4. Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot. – Hausa Proverb
5. Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
6. It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
7. When you’re thankful for what you have, you are always rewarded with more.
8. As you breathe right now, another person takes their last. Learn to be content with what you have.
9. If we don’t feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we will be happy with more.
10. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not. – Seneca
11. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. – Thornton Wilder
12. I may not have everything I want in life but I’m blessed enough to have all that I need!
13. If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get. – Frank A. Clark
14. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. – G.K. Chesterton
15. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others. – Cicero
16. Make it a habit to tell people ‘thank you.’ To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. – Ralph Marston
1. One day you will thank yourself for never giving up.
2. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
3. I am currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
4. A sincere word of thanks is nothing but an extension of a generous self.
1. Thank you for being my heart’s first home.
2. Since our yesterdays are gone and our tomorrows are never promised, today I want to thank all my amazing friends and family for being in my life.
1. I thought I was all alone, I felt like I had no one, and then you walked into my life. Thank you for always being there.
2. Thank you for brightening my world.
3. Thank you for being you… for sharing your love with me… for inspiring me to accept myself… for helping me see the unique beauty in imperfection… for showing me that love is something you do; something not just to be said, but also to be shown. – Steve Maraboli
1. Thank you for making me laugh when I’d almost forgotten how to.
2. I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you, my heart has no bottom.
1. Thank you for the beautiful ways you touch my life.
2. You can’t force people to stay in your life. Staying is a choice, so be thankful for those people who choose you.
3. The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. – William James
4. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me smile like crazy. Thank you for making me happy.
1. Friends are always there for us that is why we should say thank you to them for everything that they have done for us.
2. Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
3. Some people make the world special just by being in it. Thanks for being my friend.
4. I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. – Maya Angelou
1. Words can neither qualify nor quantify how helpful your guidance and advice has been. I am forever grateful for your support!
2. Thanks for being our manager and role model. We appreciate all the knowledge and skills you’ve imparted to us. Thanks for being a great leader!
3. I would like to show my profound gratitude for the experience that I’ve gained from you. You have been an exemplary boss and manager. Thank you!
1. Hardship is a blessing when it spurs effort and development; ease is a curse when it increases complacency and self-indulgence. – Muso Kokushi
2. The whole team would like to express our gratitude to you for being an inspiration to us. Thanks so much for everything!
1. Being told you’re appreciated is one of the simplest and most uplifting things you can hear.
2. You have been a great mentor, teacher, and guide. Your support and advice have helped shape my professional career. Thanks for being the best teacher ever!
1. Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. – David Thomas
2. A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart. – Hercules
3. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
4. My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces. -Sidney Sheldon
1. ‘Thank you’ is the least I can say to you to show my appreciation for everything you have done for me.
2. Thank you for staying by my side even though I tried to push you away.
3. Thank you for staying even if you had every reason to leave.
1. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it. – Richard Bach
2. Thank you are the two easiest words in any language to say, but in today’s society they are a forgotten commodity.
3. Hearing the words ‘thank you’ can sometimes paint the prettiest smile on someone’s lips.
1. I couldn’t imagine a better friend. Thanks for all the memories! Happy birthday!
2. Have a wonderful day today. You deserve it! Thank you for your friendship – without it, I’d be a lot less happy. Happy birthday!
1. I know she’s not perfect but she tries so hard for me. And I thank God that she isn’t ’cause how boring would that be. – Brad Paisley
2. So I’m thanking you today because of you I am now me. – John Butler Trio
1. He who opens a school door closes a prison. – Victor Hugo.
2. Graduation reminds me of everyone who has touched my life. The gift of your presence and acknowledgment is truly appreciated.
3. You brought joy to my special graduating day. Words can never tell you what your congratulations have meant to me.
1. As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad? – Anne Frank
1. I feel a very unusual sensation – if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. – Benjamin Disraeli
2. Do you even know how to fail? Thank you for never learning that! Your help saved me again.
3. Did you go to college to learn how to buy the perfect gift? Man, you sure know how to pick ’em. Thanks for making my gift-giving skills look really bad.
4. When God was handing out all the talent, he gave you a big chunk of it, didn’t he? Cause once again, I’m sending you a damn thank you card for your awesomeness.
5. Did I ever thank you for all you did for me? Just in case I haven’t I’m sending this card to stroke your ego some more.
Do you believe our society is more selfish than ever before? Do people feel more entitled than ever before? Are, these days more people forgetting to say “thank you” than ever before?
To be honest, I don’t know the answer to any of those questions because I live now and I don’t know what was before me.
What I do know is that most people love to have the opportunity and the reason to say “thank you”.
I guess “thank you” was introduced in the human language close to our beginnings because every time we say it, we feel good: Who’s saying it feels good; who is receiving it also feels good.
There are many reasons why we sometimes fail to say these magic words “thank you”. Among those reasons, the following five seem to be less obvious.
People are afraid that:
- By saying these two magic words, they look smaller in front of those who deserve them
- Remain in debt to someone they might not like (they see the person more relevant than the deed.)
- Others don’t understand what their duty is
(! Saying “thank you” to someone for doing their job increases the chances they will strive to do an equally, if not better, job in the future… Just a thought)
- “Thank you” could be translated into “I agree with you.”
(There are many situations when someone offers you unsolicited advice, opinion or help. You might believe that a refusal on your part would stop them doing the same in the future; that is not the case. On the contrary, when you say “NO” people continue barging in your life uninvited. Saying “thank you” has better chances to move the conversation to another subject.)
- “Thank you” could be interpreted as an admission of fault or lack of knowledge.
“Thank you” quotes and notes are like flowers; given with pleasure, received with an open heart. Remind yourself that, like flowers, your thank you(s) bear seeds that give life to many fantastic things. Beyond any Horizon, at the end of it, it’s you.
Get inspired, make your life better, deepen your connections, improve your relationships.