It might be not easy to define what true love means. However, when you’re in a loving, caring, and long-lasting relationship, then you really know what true love that never dies means.
Discover in this article, 25 of the top “True Love Never Dies” quotes so that you can celebrate and give more power to your true love.
Now let’s see what true love means for most people [10 essential signs to look for].
The first sign of a successful, loving relationship is the most obvious one: two individuals loving each other genuinely.
You might be surprised how many people declare they feel true love when in fact they love someone who doesn’t love them back. True love is a two-way street. The involvement and commitment are equally shared among both partners. The equation of True Love starts and ends with two lovebirds. There’s no other way!
The second sign is to feel that your partner compliments who you are in many different and beautiful ways.
Your partner is your soulmate. Is that one person you feel you couldn’t live without.
Often people refer to their true love as “my other half”; yet, when they say it, really think about the fact that true love needs two separate individuals that come together and make a couple (not a whole). Why? Because when that happens, both partners are happy, are together by choice not by necessity.
Yes, when you “have” true love in your life, most probably, feel and say “I can’t live without you” which is the highest declaration of love you could make. But making that declaration, again, comes out of choice, not the necessity. We appreciate our true love for how it makes us feel, how it brings out the best in us, how we feel free together, and not for the things the other person does for you.
If you think about it, loving someone else (your true love) is not too much different compared to loving yourself. It doesn’t depend on external factors, competence or high-yielding, profit or co-dependency. By definition, you should love and accept yourself as you are regardless if you’re (exactly) as you would like to be. Is it not?
And that is the third sign of True Love – knowing, first, to love yourself
Love who you are so that you can allow yourself become vulnerable for loving your partner.
Loving and accepting yourself makes you a real partner.
Listen, two horses take a carriage far, far, far further away than one horse and a dog. Right?
Your true love never dies when both partners understand and respect the fact that they are each a separate entity. If one partner gets lost in the other’s needs, wants, necessities, that partner is not whole anymore; becomes a dog, a cute one, a useful one… but is not anymore the person their partner fell in love; becomes someone else, losing the spark that ignites the fire of love and the butterflies in the stomach.
So, don’t lose yourself in your true love unless (and when) you both lose yourselves in each other.
The fourth sign of true love is tolerance and compassion.
It’s been said that most women dream men to change and most men dream women to be the same forever.
Those dreams are unrealistic, and a genuine love survives when the two partners tolerate and have compassion for each other’s change or lack of it. Women, (especially after having children), are definitely different. Most men can never change the habits of “acquiring” expensive toys, watch football, or scattering their clothes on the floor.
The fifth sign of true love is:
- knowing how and when to be silent,
- how and when to talk,
- how and when to laugh or cry so that you don’t step on your partner’s joy or sadness.
The sixth sign of true love is to never give up on your partner:
- be there when you’re needed,
- fight together for your love,
- and stand up for each other.
Our modern times came with an alarming divorce rate, and that happens, most often when people give up on each other too soon.
We all inevitably have hard times because life is not always music and roses, sometimes is hardship and struggle.
The most surprising thing (about giving up too soon on your loved one) is that some people give up because they love the other person so much they can’t bear, (or deal with) their suffering; so, prefer to check out.
When you’re in a “true love” relationship, you must become a warrior if you want to maintain, care properly, and sustain it.
The seventh sign of true love is:
To feel you miss the other person even when you’re gone only for a day; but at the same time, if you are gone for longer when get back together to feel like you’ve never been apart.
The eighth sign of true love is the willingness to collaborate, taking all decisions (no matter how small) together.
Have you noticed how many great marriages are falling apart after having children?
In most cases that happens because the parents don’t know how to raise the children on there own style (the new family style). Each spouse copies (stubbornly) the way they grew up.
You know? Even those with low self-esteem like the way they turned out and believe firmly, the method they’ve been raised with to be the best.
The ninth sign of true love is carefully designing your priorities list.
Living life to the fullest is helped a lot by how you managed to prioritize things. There is a proper time for work; but never forget, there are also many appropriate moments for having fun.
The tenth sign of true love is becoming blind about the shortcomings of your loved one.
Learn how to be imperfect as people, but perfect for each other.
1. Love is the bridge between you and everything. — Rumi
2. True love doesn’t mean being inseparable, it means being separated and nothing changes.
3. If you love someone more then anything, then distance only matters to the mind, not to the heart.
4. True love never dies. It lives on in the people who believe in it.
5. When we lose someone we love we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.
6. They say that your first love never dies. You can put out the flames, but not the fire. — Bonnie Tyler
7. Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. — Henry Van Dyke
8. True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away. — Alicia Barnhart
9. Love never dies, and spirit knows no loss. Keep in mind that a broken heart is an open heart. – Louise Hay & David Kessler
10. Feelings that come back are feelings that never left.
11. All I know is that love never dies. It’s always there, lurking in the deepest crevices of the heart. Resurfacing for air when you allow it.
12. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. — Robert A. Heinlein
13. Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. — Madame de Staël
14. Although our love never dies, the pain of our loss can eventually dissolve. — Judy Tatelbaum
15. True love is not something that you find, it is something that finds you.
16. Real love is knowing someone’s weaknesses and not taking advantage of them.
17. A true relationship is having someone who accepts your past, supports your present, loves you and encourages your future.
18. True love is knowing a person’s faults, and loving them even more for them.
19. Go for someone who is not only proud to have you but will also take every risk just to be with you.
20. For those who love… time is eternity. – Henry Van Dyke
21. Sometimes I wonder if love is worth fighting for, but then I remember your face and I’m ready for war.
22. No matter how long it takes, true love is always worth the wait. True love never gives up.
23. If someone truly loves you, they won’t tell you love stories, they will make a love story with you.
24. True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have.
25. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation. – Rumi
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?