Wolves are one of the most magnificent mammals found in North America. With their hair-raising howls and intense eyes, wolves are both feared and revered by many around the world.
As a spirit animal, they represent courage, strength, freedom, and an active social connection.
Among Native Americans, wolves are both great warriors and predators. Some even consider the Wolf Spirit akin to an ancient ancestor or the Creator.
Ancient Romans also believed that Romulus and Remus, their founders, were nursed by a she-wolf while Norse Mythology has Geri and Freki, two wolves which accompany Odin.
Discover more about this imperial creature through some of the best wolf quotes to bring out your inner wolf-like qualities.
1. “It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.” — Thomas Fuller
2. “A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.” — Ruth Brown
3. “A hungry wolf at all the herd will run, In hopes, through many, to make sure of one.” — William Congreve
4. “There’s always the hyena of morality at the garden gate, and the real wolf at the end of the street.” — David Herbert Lawrence
5. “It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.” — William Ralph Inge
6. “It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.” — Virgil
7. “Crying wolf is a real danger.” — David Attenborough
8. “If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.” — Nikita Khrushchev
9. “A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.” — Lana Turner
10. “All species capable of grasping this fact manage better in the struggle for existence than those which rely upon their own strength alone: the wolf, which hunts in a pack, has a greater chance of survival than the lion, which hunts alone.” — Christian Lous Lange
11. “I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families. Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack.” — Jodi Picoult
12. “The wolf always charges the lamb with muddying the stream.” — Elihu Root
13. “Luxury is the wolf at the door and its fangs are the vanities and conceits germinated by success. When an artist learns this, he knows where the danger is.” — Tennessee Williams
14. “I think we all have to fight the werewolf within us somehow.” — William Kempe
15. “Man is to man either a god or a wolf.” — Desiderius Erasmus
16. “Man is not man, but a wolf to those he does not know.” — Titus Maccius Plautus
17. “Careless shepherd make excellent dinner for wolf.” — Earl Derr Biggers
18. “The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
19. “Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away.” — Plautus
20. “The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “Wolves are the witches of the animal world.” — Katherine Rundell
22. “That night the wind was howling almost like a wolf and there were some real wolves off to the west giving it lessons.” — George R.R. Martin
23. “Majority rule only works if you’re also considering individual rights. Because you can’t have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.” — Larry Flynt
24. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” — George Carlin
25. “In politics you must always keep running with the pack. The moment that you falter and they sense that you are injured, the rest will turn on you like wolves.” — R. A. Butler
26. “Werewolves are much more common animals than you might think.” — Daniel Pinkwater
27. “In our society leaving baby with Daddy is just one step above leaving the kids to be raised by wolves or apes.” — Al Roker
28. “They died hard, those savage men – like wounded wolves at bay. They were filthy, and they were lousy, and they stunk. And I loved them.” — Douglas MacArthur
29. “I find that I sent wolves not shepherds to govern Ireland, for they have left me nothing but ashes and carcasses to reign over!” — Elizabeth I
30. “Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” — Lord Byron
31. “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.” — Lauryn Hill
32. “I’m not afraid of werewolves or vampires or haunted hotels, I’m afraid of what real human beings do to other real human beings.” — Walter Jon Williams
33. “Pacifists are like sheep who believe that wolves are vegetarians.” — Yves Montand
34. “Lions, wolves, and vultures don’t live together in herds, droves or flocks. Of all animals of prey, man is the only sociable one. Every one of us preys upon his neighbor, and yet we herd together.” — John Gay
35. “Liberty for wolves is death to the lambs.” — Isaiah Berlin
36. “The race of man, while sheep in credulity, are wolves for conformity.” — Carl Van Doren
37. “Flatterers look like friends, as wolves like dogs.” — George Chapman
38. “It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
39. “Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.” — James Bovard
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?