So, here’s the thing: The road to your dreams will not be smooth sailing. Most of the time, huge storms and tornadoes will block your way and test your faith.
However, just remember this phrase if you ever feel lost along the way: Anything worth having does not come easy.
As you work your way to achieving your life goals, may these 100 encouraging quotes to push you to keep moving forward in your journey:
1. We aim above the mark to hit the mark. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun. – Chinese Proverbs
3. If you can dream it, you can do it. — Walt Disney
Every accomplishment in your life starts with a dream. Dream yourself successful, and you become successful.
Dreaming about your success helps you visualize the path towards it. Therefore, your journey becomes easier; failure becomes only a bump in the road, not a dead end; fears become awareness, not submission to letting yourself down.
Yes, it is possible that some of your dreams turned into nightmares. However, stand up again and, like Phoenix rising from its ashes, discover a new path, dream a new dream.
4. It is important to surround yourself with people who lift you up, encourage you, share your vision and inspire you. – Les Brown
5. Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going. — Sam Levenson
6. Fall seven times, stand up eight. – Japanese Proverb
7. Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay. — Simone de Beauvoir
8. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
9. Just remember, there are no quick fixes. But, by taking action just a little bit every day, you will build up a powerful reservoir of confidence, self-esteem, and discipline. – Scott Allan
10. Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless. — Kevin Ngo
11. Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. – John D. Rockefeller
12. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein #quotes #encouragement #motivation #uplifting” width=”400″ height=”600″ />
13. Sometimes what we call “failure” is really just that necessary struggle called learning.
14. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits. — Michael Phelps
15. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Listen, most of the things you think you can’t do are obstacles only in your mind.
There is a tricky thing about confidence. You can’t be confident before you have some proof of your abilities. Yes, there are minor exceptions, but usually when you say “I can’t do it” what you possibly mean is “I haven’t tried it yet”. Is it not?
Remember your first day of school. Were you confident about writing? Letters on a page, didn’t seem to you something wonderous but not achievable? And yet, today you write without even thinking about it; it became something automatic.
When you feel you can’t do something, often that lack of confidence is only a theory in your mind, untested, unproven. Become disciplined about standing and showing up for yourself.
16. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. — W. Clement Stone
17. Hold on to what is good, even if it’s a handful of earth. – Hopi prayer
18. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. — Theodore Roosevelt
19. When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
20. You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. — Babe Ruth
21. Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – Lolly Daskal
22. Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. — Harriet Beecher Stow
It is fashionable these days to set your mind on “I’ll never give up”. But sometimes, that thought can lead to desperation when you see everything you try, failing.
Therefore, “never give up” can become overwhelming. Free yourself from the pressure that society puts on you. Improve your mental toughness and use “I’ll never give up” as a motivation for those times when you feel you need a break. “I’ll take a short moment to relax, and I’ll be back on this dream as soon as I have the knowledge, the chance, and the opportunity to make it work.”
Most probably, it happened to you to read a book and find it useless. Coming back to it sometime later, you found it the most inspiring thing. Is it not? You grow every day. So, naturally, one thing you can’t do today, tomorrow can feel like a walk in the park.
23. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
24. Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you. — George Whitefield
Time is one of the most precious things you have. It is precious because you can’t buy it, you can’t stretch it, you can’t take it back. Once it’s gone, it’s gone forever.
Yes, it is important to move forward; but also is essential to use your time wisely. Put your critical thinking at work and sort out your priorities. Bear in mind that walking towards your goal is not always a straight line; it’s not always walking without any stops; it’s not always without any bumps in the road.
One of the biggest mistakes people make these days about their dreams is following stubbornly, endlessly, blindly a particular plan even when it doesn’t work…That much we fear to fail. As you take time to make a plan, also take the time to listen to the wisdom of your deeper self about where you’re going.
There’s no better expert in your life than you. Are you paying attention to:
- How do you feel?
- What makes you happy or sad?
- What gives you motivation, strength, and the desire for your goal?
Every time others push you in a direction or another, stop and think “Is this what I want”?
Remind yourself at every step you take in the journey towards success “There’s no better expert in your life than you”.
If you feel you want to run, run. If you think you want to walk, walk. If you feel you need a break, stop and take a deep breath.
Don’t linger on your journey; yet, take the time to make it yours.
25. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
26. One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals. — Michael Korda
27. We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. – Kenji Miyazawa
28. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. — Eleanor Roosevelt
29. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. – Helen Keller
30. Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open. — Pauline Kael
31. If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves. – David Allen
32. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. — Arthur Ashe
33. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
34. Stop beating yourself up you are a work in progress.
35. In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you. – Deepak Chopra
36. Every day may not be a good day, but there’s good in every day.
37. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C.S. Lewis
38. Nothing in this world is impossible to a willing heart. – Abraham Lincoln
39. Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. – Albert Einstein
40. Everyone has a story. Put another way, everyone’s life is a story. – Dan B. Allender
41. All progress takes place outside the comfort zone. – Michael John Bobak
42. Associate with people who are likely to improve you. – Seneca
43. Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward. – Victor Kiam
44. Sometimes when you are in a dark place you think you have been buried, but actually, you have been planted. – Christine Caine
45. I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. – Robert H. Schuller
46. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
47. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
48. You and I need to be the decision makers in our own lives and careers. It is also our responsibility to allow and encourage others to do the same. – Jay Rifenbary
49. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
50. Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other. – Mark Twain
51. Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. – Stephen Covey
The pressure those around you might put on you can make you feel dissatisfied with yourself. You might feel you’re never enough. Believe you’re always enough because that’s your ground level from which you can fly. Plus, you’ve already put a lot of work into being who you are! Don’t allow others to erase it like it never happened.
Be a bird in this world not its feathers. A bird flies free, its feathers are carried by the will of the wind.
52. Never use a long word where a short one will do. – George Orwell
53. You will never reach your destination if you mind those that are always against you.
54. Everybody has problems, but everybody also has blessings in life. – Robert W. Bly
55. Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes. – Walt Whitman
56. Change can hurt, be uncomfortable, and be difficult in the beginning. Remember this English Proverb: Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. – Lisa Rusczyk
57. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. – Robert Schuller
58. Just remember to never doubt yourself, we are all capable of amazing things. – Rob Cristophe
59. It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. – Joseph Campbell
Like the Phoenix rising from its ashes, sometimes you have to wait (patiently) to hit rock bottom before climbing up again. Remind yourself when you’re down that you’re in a point where you can go only up.
60. No matter the number of times you fail you must be determined to succeed. You must not lose hope. Don’t stop in your storm. – Tony Narams
61. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. – William James
62. Your mind is like a magnet – it attracts into your life whatever you think about most. – Paul and Tracey McManus
63. If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents — start charging for it. – Kim Garst
64. There are chords in the hearts of the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion. – Edgar Allan Poe
65. I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. – Dalai Lama
66. We do learn something about ourselves when we are up against the wall, and we do most certainly come out stronger. – Tina Sloan
67. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
68. Leaders are never satisfied; they continually strive to be better.
69. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. – Maria Robinson
70. You have to speak words of continuous encouragement in order to achieve whatever goals you’ve set for yourself. – Anquanette Gaspard
If you have a grandmother, remember her words of wisdom; remember that she almost always sees you as the best thing in the world.
And when you remember that, think about why is she happy having you in her life. If she’s happy about having you, how happy you must feel about having this precious gift: Being alive (the odds of you to have been born was 1 in 400 trillion; You are unique and precious).
71. The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. – Epictetus
72. Soon, when all is well, you’re going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up. – Brittany Burgunder
73. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
74. Encouragement to others is something everyone can give. – Joel Osteen
75. You can get a thousand no’s from people, and only one “yes” from God. – Tyler Perry
76. But it is better to follow even the shadow of the best than to remain content with the worst. – Henry van Dyke
77. Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent. – Steve Martin
78. Don’t allow anyone to denigrate or inhibit your lofty aspirations. Your dreams can take you much higher and much farther than anyone ever thought possible. – Buzz Aldrin
79. Stones and sticks are thrown only at fruit-bearing trees. – Sumi
Whenever you talk about your dreams (and then accomplishing them), some people are, either telling you “that’s impossible”, either minimize your success.
Others don’t talk about you if you’re not exceptional (because only then they can see you). If you think about it, the media never mention the millions of people that work hard and sacrifice a lot but don’t succeed. It always talks about the minority that got ahead.
Do people talk about you (in a good or bad way)? You are exceptional; there is something in you that inspires others, making them think about their own existence.
80. Through difficult experiences, life sometimes becomes more meaningful. – Dalai Lama
81. Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling. – Deborah Day
82. We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve. – Bill Gates
Working and working without feedback can feel like what you do is useless. If no one says anything (good or bad) about what you do, don’t you lose your motivation to do it?
Offering and receiving feedback is the first validation for hard work and dedication. Is it not?
At the opposite side, criticism (especially self-criticism) is destructive and demotivating.
Praise yourself for your good deeds, and you’ll do more of those. Criticise yourself for your failures, and you’ll do nothing; you’ll stop everything all together.
Praise yourself for your good deeds, and you’ll feel motivated to do even better.
83. Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be. – Stephen R. Covey
84. The bird rises against a strong head wind, not only in spite of the wind but because of it. The opposing force becomes a lifting force if faced at the right angle. – L.B. Cowman
85. We often forget to draw a new picture because we are so busy criticizing other paintings. – Debasish Mridha
86. Follow your dreams, remember you can achieve. All that you dream, whatever your mind can conceive. – Catherine Pulsifer
87. Come friends, it’s not too late to seek a newer world. – Albert Lord Tennyson
88. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. – Gandhi
89. You need to be buried deep in the dirt before you can find your bloom. – Roz Inga
90. Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.
91. Night never had the last word. The dawn is always invincible. – Hugh B. Brown
92. You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.
93. Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end. – Ed Sheeran
94. Your destiny is the story of your life, and you get to tell the story your way. Of course, life is full of many variables beyond our control, but at the end of the day, you determine the actions that influence your path. – Scott Allan
95. You’re going to make it, you’ll be ok, miracles happen every day.” – Heather Wolf
96. Choose well your words. They will go marching down the years in the lives you touch. – Wilfred Peterson
97. Instruction does much, but encouragement everything. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
98. Life is about striking the perfect balance and since nothing in life is perfect, we have to do the best with what we got. – Anquanette Gaspard
99. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. – J. R. R. Tolkien
100. Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it! – Nicky Gumbel