Usually, when someone likes you, that person will make it obvious and may even tell you directly.
That’s why it can be a bit confusing when you think a guy is attracted to you, but you’re not a hundred percent sure because he’s never told you or he’s giving mixed signals!
Worry no more. Here’s how to tell if a guy secretly likes you but is trying to hide it.
Trying to figure out if a guy is secretly attracted or not is almost the same as trying to figure out if he outwardly likes you. There may be a few tweaks though. Here are some signs that he really does want to be more than friends:
- He wants to spend time with you. Guys don’t just spend time with someone that they’re not in some way interested in.
- He stares at you a lot. But then when you make eye contact, he turns away.
- He asks you a lot of questions about yourself, your friends, family, likes, dislikes, etc. He’s feeling you out to see if you might be interested in him too.
- He initiates contact. Whether it’s a text, Snapchat, call or showing up in person. He always beats you to it.
- He isn’t dating anyone else but may act like he finds others attractive. This is mostly to see if you like him but also to let you know he’s into others.
- He is quick to defend you from others.
- He gets close to your friends and family.
- He calls you his best friend.
Take some notice. Why is this guy still hanging around? How does he always know what you want, or need to hear? It’s because he’s there for a reason!
Psychologist | Author, But It’s Your Family
If a man is attracted to you but hiding it, you’ll recognize that he’s got an interest in you.
He might talk to you and flirt with you but then he’ll pull away
This kind of “come here, go away” game can kind of get started with men that are feeling attracted to you but aren’t confident in themselves.
They give you a lot of mixed signals and sometimes they might overly tease, or they might just actually ignore you
Whatever the spectrum is that they are on they will really create confusion. The best thing you can do is remember that the egg doesn’t chase the sperm and let him come out of hiding on his own if he chooses to. Whatever you do, don’t chase him!
Certified Mental Health Consultant, Enlightened Reality | Relationship Expert, Maple Holistics
He asks questions
If he’s asking you a lot of questions but he hasn’t mentioned that he likes you, it could be a sign that he’s attracted to you but trying to hide it. Either he’s looking for any excuse to talk to you or he’s trying to subtly get to know you better, but whichever way you look at it, there’s some definite interest there. That being said, if he’s asking you technical questions like if you could pass him the salt, don’t get carried away and assume he’s madly in love.
Body language can speak louder than words when it comes to relationships
If he’s leaning in to hear you speak when you’re in a quiet setting or he’s standing closer than necessary when you’re in the elevator, these are signs that he’s attracted to you but hiding it. Turning his body towards you is another indication that he’s trying to connect with you without openly expressing his feelings.
Related: The 10 Best Books on Body Language