We are living now the paradox of happiness. We have almost all the things we wished for and we thought will make us happy. Yet, the reality is that the majority of people are more unsatisfied with life than ever before.
How is that possible?
That’s happening because we are sleepwalking. We are continually daydreaming, either about the future, either about the past. For some strange reason, the present moment seems to be lost out of our thoughts.
Discover in this article, 50 inspirational quotes about living life in the present moment so that you don’t get stuck lost into mindless ideas about what it was or what could be, but enjoy your present moment.
Did you notice how much time people spend with worrying? As if, worrying makes you somehow stronger.
Worrying is nothing more than making horrible scenarios about what could happen.
Listen, keeping your mind occupied into agonizing thoughts, doesn’t put you in a better place; it doesn’t power up your control over things. On the contrary, it takes your power to be resilient.
Living life in the present moment, in fact, makes you stronger. Taking things one at a time (step by step) ensures that you’re never overwhelmed.
Multitasking is an “activity” that blows your mind (in the negative sense) scattering your ideas and thoughts all over the place, but really in the present moment.
Did you know that when one of your friends is suffering, the most helpful things you could do is to be present? Sometimes with no words, just being there in silence.
If you know that your mere presence it’s so beneficial for others, imagine how helpful could be if your best friend (which should be you) is always there with you… even in silence.
Stay in the present moment because this is the only time you have control over.
Far too much time we spend asking ourselves wrong questions; like in Snow White “mirror, mirror on the wall who’s the prettiest of them all?” The relevant question could be “mirror, mirror on the wall who’s more present of them all?” because if you’re not present in your life, who is? Who’s taking care of your “now”?
1. Forever is composed of now. ― Emily Dickinson
2. Don’t let the past steal your present. – Cherralea Morgen
3. Be present in all things and thankful for all things. ― Maya Angelou
4. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. – Charles Dederich
6. We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are. ― Bill Watterson
7. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
8. The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment. ― Lauren Kate, Fallen
9. Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a promissory note; today is the only cash you have – so spend it wisely. – Kay Lyons
10. What day is it?” asked Pooh.
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.”
― A.A. Milne
11. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life. – Thich Nhat Hahn
12. Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life. ― Eckhart Tolle
13. If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. ― Amit Ray
14. Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life’s blessings. – Oprah Winfrey
15. You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this. ― Henry David Thoreau
16. Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware. – Thich Nhat Hanh
17. Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour. ― Walt Whitman
18. This is real freedom – the ability to enjoy the choices we make in every successive moment of the present. – Deepak Chopra
19. The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it. ― Thomas S. Monson
20. Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat? – Goldie Hawn
21. You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is now. ― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
22. Instead of bracing yourself for the perils of the unknown, embrace the joy that is here, in your present moment. – Michelle Cruz Rosado
23. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
24. Nothing is worth more than this day. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. The key to enjoying the moment is to always carry a list of “Things I Gotta Do That Can Wait. – Robert Brault
26. The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. – Thich Nhat Hahn
27. Today is the blocks with which we build. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
28. If there’s one thing I learned, it’s that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day.. the here, the now. ― Simone Elkeles
29. We know nothing of tomorrow; our business is to be good and happy today. – Sydney Smith
30. Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none. – Albert Einstein
31. Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow. – Jerry Spinelli
32. Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more. – Mother Teresa
33. Seize from every moment its unique novelty, and do not prepare your joys.
34. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. – Oprah Winfrey
35. It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis. – Margaret Bonnano
36. You are only here now; you’re only alive in this moment. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
37. Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed. – Wayne Dyer
38. All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment. – Byron Katie
39. The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness. – Abraham Maslow
40. Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity. – Deepak Chopra
41. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. – Gilda Radner
42. Today is life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. – Dale Carnegie
43. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. – Eckhart Tolle
44. The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it. – Thomas S. Monson
45. Act in the moment, live in the present, slowly slowly don’t allow the past to interfere, and you will be surprised that life is such an eternal wonder, such a mysterious phenomenon and such a great gift that one simply feels constantly in gratitude. – Osho
46. Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift. – Oprah Winfrey
47. Rejoice in the things that are present; all else is beyond thee. – Michel de Montaigne
48. I promise myself that I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live. – Thich Nhat Hanh
49. The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right it’s all we’ll need. – Ann Richards
50. Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don’t miss it. – Leo Buscaglia
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?