Are you concerned about things you’ll regret on your deathbed? What will you think and feel (on those last moments of life) about how you lived?
If you’re not, good for you because most of us do the best they can (their whole life) to make sure they get safely to death; forgetting that each moment of life is precious; once is gone, you can’t take it back.
Are you concerned about things you’ll regret on your deathbed? What about how you feel this evening? Will you have the satisfaction of knowing you’re honoring each day the greatest gift you have received, your life?
Do you wish to have a long life? Or, regardless of how long it will be, to feel you’ve lived your life to the fullest, enjoyed it, cherished it?
There is a Latin dicton (proverb) “carpe diem”, meaning seize the day.
Living by the Latin proverb “carpe diem” means to value each day of your life as if it were the last one.
We are not doing that when we allow our mind to get stuck in thoughts and ideas that bring us only sorrow and pain; when we put life on hold, waiting for something that may never happen.
Do you want a bigger house? That’s ok until you allow this desire to stop you from enjoying each morning, each afternoon, each evening.
Do you want to be slimmer? That’s ok until you allowed this desire to stop you from taking advantage of your talents and skills; preventing you from putting forward what’s best in you.
Do you want to have more friends? That’s ok until you allow this desire to stop you from appreciating the friends and family you have today.
We often get, as one of the Pink Floyd songs says “Comfortably Numb”.
Yes, to live your life to the fullest means, in part, to:
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Challenge your fears and outdated beliefs
- Learn something new every day
- Accept and love yourself as you are
- Make the most of everything you have (including take advantage of who you are today)
- Remember the past as a tool for progress (not a torture device)
- Stay connected and deepen your relationships
Living your life to the fullest doesn’t mean to be reckless, insanely courageous, or on the edge of existing.
Remind yourself each day that happiness is a choice. Someone else can’t make you happy; things can’t make you happy; success can’t make you happy (happiness is a success in itself).
Are you scared of dying? Probably not; most of us are much more scared about being alive and not knowing. Live your life to the fullest and cherish every day as if it were your last.
1. Live the life you’ve dreamed. – Henry David Thoreau
2. Cherish your yesterdays, dream your tomorrows and live your todays.
3. Live life to the fullest, for the future is scarce. – Nick Carter
4. A life without cause is a life without effect. – Barbarella
5. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Joe Lewis
6. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. – Les Brown
7. Don’t you ever get the feeling that all your life is going by and you’re not taking advantage of it? Do you realize you’ve lived nearly half the time you have to live already? ― Ernest Hemingway
8. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
9. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. – Charles Darwin
10. If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present. ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
11. Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. – Robert Breault
12. One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure. – William Feather
13. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did. – Mark Twain
14. Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you’ll be right.
15. It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts. – Adlai Stevenson
16. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. – Erma Bombeck
17. The best way to prepare for death is to live life to its fullest. – John Bytheway
18. Live life for the moment because everything else is uncertain! – Louis Tomlinson
19. Live life to the fullest because it only happens once. – Maddi Jenkins
20. If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun. – Katharine Hepburn
21. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. – Ashley Smith
22. Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others’ choices make us. ― Richie Norton
23. It doesn’t matter how many people you meet in your life; you just need the real ones who accept you for who you are and help you become who you should be. ― Roy T. Bennett
24. How do you want to be remembered? Live life full out – Begin today. – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
25. Make your life a mission – not an intermission. – Arnold H. Glasgow
26. The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. – Eleanor Roosevelt
27. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. – William James
28. Life is a game, play it; Life is a challenge, Meet it; Life is an opportunity, Capture it.
29. Life is not the way it’s supposed to be. It’s the way it is. The way you deal with it is what makes the difference. – Virginia Satir
30. I don’t wait for the calendar to figure out when I should live life. – Gene Simmons
31. Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things. – Frank A. Clark
32. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly… but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED. ― Mandy Hale
34. To be heroic is to be courageous enough to die for something; to be inspirational is to be crazy enough to live a little. ― Criss Jami
35. Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies. – Ann Landers
36. Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
37. Life isn’t worth living unless you’re willing to take some big chances and go for broke. – Eliot Wiggington
38. Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows. – Michael Landon
39. Today’s moment becomes memory of tomorrow. Embrace each moment with happiness, joy and fulfillment. Strive to enjoy your day to the fullest. – Anil Sinha
40. If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. ― Amit Ray
41. Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin. – Grace Hansen
42. Life is a one time gift. Use it in best possible manner. So love, laugh, live, be yourself, be happy and have trust in God. – Anurag Prakash Ray
43. Don’t just survive. Shine. ― Tom Fletcher
44. Are you someone who watches life, or someone who participates? ― Matt Haig
45. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. — Walt Disney
46. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward. ― Roy Bennett
47. I think people who don’t have conflict in their lives are just trying to please people and not really living life to the fullest. — Hope Solo
48. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back. — Arthur Rubinstein
49. It is difficult to live in and enjoy the moment when you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future. ― Roy Bennett
50. Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. — Mark Twain
Affordable, private online counseling.