Starting a business can be a daunting prospect, even for the most seasoned entrepreneurs. There are times all business owners need some words of encouragement, motivation, and inspiration to pick themselves back up and keep striving for success.
These 52 best business quotes are here to do just that.
The words of famous politicians and creators to some of the most successful CEOs are here to lend you some food for thought on your unique business journey.
The first step to creating a successful business is having the courage to begin. The following quotes should empower you to do just that and allow yourself to have the adventure of a lifetime along the way.
1. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
2. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
3. “Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.” – Andy Warhol
4. “Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring.” – Steve Maraboli
5. “Success means only doing what you do well, letting someone else do the rest.” – Goldstein S. Truism
6. “Don’t worry about failure. You only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston
7. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
8. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
9. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
10. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
11. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs
12. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
13. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone
Unfortunately, starting a business doesn’t come with a simple rule book. In fact, you have to learn many lessons through pure trial and error.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t borrow some wisdom from those who walked the path before you and take note of these business advice quotes.
1. “Always deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page
2. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” – Jack Dorsey
3. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
4. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
5. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
6. “If you see a bandwagon, it’s too late.” – James Goldsmith
7. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” – Jeff Bezos
8. “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.” – Harold Geneen
9. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” – Mark Cuban
10. “The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate you away from those who are still undecided.” – Casey Stengel
11. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” – Joel Spolsky
12. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” – Reid Hoffman
13. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone
The day-to-day running of a business can get to the best of us, and it’s important to look at the bigger picture and remember why you began your business to begin with. These enlightening business quotes are here to offer perspective and open your mind.
1. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
2. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
3. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” – Thomas Edison
4. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” – Paul Rand
5. “Competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people.” – David Sarnoff
6. “Almost everything worthwhile carries with it some sort of risk, whether it’s starting a new business, whether it’s leaving home, whether it’s getting married, or whether it’s flying into space.” – Chris Hadfield
7. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
8. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
9. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
10. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
11. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” – Henry Ford
12. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
13. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Your business journey will no doubt be filled with twists and turns, ups and downs. But no journey is complete without some laughs along the way. Check out these funny business quotes whenever you’re in need of a giggle to bring you back down to earth.
1. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
2. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
3. “One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.” – Bertrand Russell
4. “Aim low, reach your goals, and avoid disappointment.” – Scott Adams
5. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
6. “By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
7. “An expert is someone called in at the last minute to share the blame.” – Sam Ewing
8. “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” – Douglas Adams
9. “If at first, you don’t succeed, take the tax loss.” – Kirk Kirkpatrick
10. “Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.” – Karl Marx
11. “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.” – Margaret Thatcher
12. “The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.” – Lilly Tomlin
13. “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” – Henry Ford
Did you enjoy these 52 business quotes? We hope these words of wisdom from great entrepreneurs and intellectuals around the world could provide some insight for your very own business journey.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?