Picture this: a tropical paradise with clear waters brimming with sea life. Waves are crashing to the shore as tall coconut trees gently sway against the ocean breeze. Sandcastles adorned with seashells.
Don’t you want to leave everything and head to the sea?
Whether you’re on your surfboard riding the waves or merely getting your skin tanned, the beach is the perfect place to unwind for many people.
Here are some of the best beach quotes and sayings that perfectly illustrates its beauty and serenity.
1. “I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me.” — Anna Quindlen
2. “Along the beach I never collected shells from my father’s shore.” — Corey Hart
3. “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” — Loren Eiseley
4. “For example, in my district there are visitors from all over the world who are drawn to our beautiful beaches, recreational lakes, habitat wildlife preserves and golf courses.” — Mark Foley
5. “On vacations: We hit the sunny beaches where we occupy ourselves keeping the sun off our skin, the saltwater off our bodies, and the sand out of our belongings.” — Erma Bombeck
6. “Building a little bonfire at night on the beach and lying on a blanket with my wife under the stars is not only sexy, it’s romantic.” — Benjamin Bratt
7. “For me, our beaches have always been a source of personal inspiration.” — Thomas Carper
8. “What’s really important in life? Sitting on a beach? Looking at television eight hours a day? I think we have to appreciate that we’re alive for only a limited period of time, and we’ll spend most of our lives working.” — Victor Kiam
9. “But I try to steal other moments. Sometimes I get up very early in the morning and enjoy a quiet house and cup of tea before the craziness begins. Other times, I’ll take a quick walk on the beach. You can find peace in a few minutes.” — Cindy Crawford
10. “I’ve never been one for sitting on beaches.” — Piper Perabo
11. “It has long been a fact familiar to geologists, that, both on the east and west coasts of the central part of Scotland, there are lines of raised beaches, containing marine shells of the same species as those now inhabiting the neighbouring sea.” — Charles Lyell
12. “We spent a lot of time on the beach when I was young so I’d also take pictures of seaweed and crabs.” — Graeme Le Saux
13. “Words today are like the shells and rope of seaweed which a child brings home glistening from the beach and which in an hour have lost their luster.” — Cyril Connolly
14. “At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.” — Natalie Wood
15. “When I wrote the song, I had the sea near Bombay in mind. We stayed at a hotel by the sea, and the fishermen come up at five in the morning and they were all chanting. And we went on the beach and we got chased by a mad dog – big as a donkey.” — Ray Davies
16. “You can tell all you need to about a society from how it treats animals and beaches.” — Frank Deford
17. “You’ll never find your gold on a sandy beach.” — Jim Steinman
18. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” — Jeanne Moreau
19. “One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.” — Anne Spencer
20. “In front of us lay a smooth sandy beach, beyond which rose gradually a high wooded country, and behind us was the sea, studded with numerous islands of every variety of form.” — George Grey
21. “The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
22. “Another thing I like to do is sit back and take in nature. To look at the birds, listen to their singing, go hiking, camping and jogging and running, walking along the beach, playing games and sometimes being alone with the great outdoors. It’s very special to me.” — Larry Wilcox
23. “To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.” — Isaac Newton
24. “Miami Beach is where neon goes to die.” — Lenny Bruce
25. “I do like the ocean wave, actually. I’m born under the sign of Cancer – the sign of the crab – so I like coastal areas and sunny beaches and such – although not the wide-open and deep seas.” — Anjelica Huston
26. “It’s funny, but when I arrived in California to start college I was much more interested in becoming a surfer and cruise along in life from one beach to the next. I didn’t plan out any huge career for myself.” — Benicio Del Toro
27. “The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach.” — Henry Beston
28. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Cousteau
29. “I enjoyed growing up part of my life in Virginia Beach. We had the ocean and the beach and a beautiful landscape. We were outdoors all the time and we played outside.” — Mark Ruffalo
30. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” — Helen Keller
31. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.” — Wyland
32. “It’s a wonderful metaphor, catching a wave, for how you can look at other challenges in your life.” — Jeff Bridges
33. “To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there?” — Walt Whitman
34. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” — Sarah Kay
35. “The Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and frightened with the memories of the dreams of time.” — H.P. Lovecraft
36. “One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
37. “Total physical and mental inertia are highly agreeable, much more so than we allow ourselves to imagine. A beach not only permits such inertia but enforces it, thus neatly eliminating all problems of guilt. It is now the only place in our overly active world that does.” — John Kenneth Galbraith
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?