Do you believe you can hypnotize yourself?
Discover in this article, 11 of the best books on self-hypnosis that can help you become the master of your thoughts and be yourself with confidence and pride.
In my opinion, optimism is the highest form to hypnotize yourself; and the second one is to believe you can’t solve anything unless you know why you have that issue? (what is the cause?)
Both these forms of self-hypnosis have two sides, a positive and a negative one.
The positive side of optimism makes you wake up in the morning and start walking towards what you want.
At the opposite side, optimism makes you blind about things that don’t work or can be harmful to you.
“I’ll start tomorrow morning…”
“My love for him will make him change…”
“She will be the same forever.”
“I know I’ve tried (in the same way) 10 times, and it didn’t work, but this time it will work.”
“This second slice of cake can’t do me no harm.”
The five statements above are the negative side of optimism. We are often using statements/thoughts like those and hypnotize ourselves to get blind to the facts, ignore the evidence, and continue walking on a destructive path.
Do you believe you can solve, or overcome your problems and issues without knowing why you have them?
Listen, knowing why something happens is information that can help you, but is not always must-have information. We are in love with the “why” because it’s somewhat entertaining, or gives us an excuse.
Now, allow me to ask you again if you believe you’re hypnotizing yourself?
Inadvertently, you plant many ideas in your mind, and those ideas shape up your behavior. Telling to yourself “I could never do [that]” it’s self-hypnosis.
“I could never kill someone.” – positive self-hypnosis.
“I could never change [a bad behavior] because I can’t help myself.” – negative self-hypnosis.
Learn from the following 11 self-hypnosis books, how to use this powerful ability of your mind to make your life amazing and contribute to a better world.
Table of Contents
- 1. Close Your Eyes, Get Free: Use Self-Hypnosis to Reduce Stress, Quit Bad Habits, and Achieve Greater Relaxation and Focus – Grace Smith
- 2. How To Master Self-Hypnosis in a Weekend: The Simple, Systematic and Successful Way to Get Everything You Want – Rick Smith
- 3. My Voice Will Go with You: The Teaching Tales of Milton H. Erickson – Sidney Rosen (Editor, Commentary)
- 4. Instant Self-Hypnosis: How to Hypnotize Yourself with Your Eyes Open – Forbes Blair
- 5. Self Hypnosis As You Read: 42 Life-Changing Scripts! – Forbes Robbins Blair
- 6. The Science Of Self-Hypnosis: The Evidence Based Way To Hypnotise Yourself – Mr. Adam Eason
- 7. The Everything Self-Hypnosis Book: Learn to use your mental power to take control of your life – Rene A Bastaracherican
- 8. The New Psycho-Cybernetics – Maxwell Maltz
- 9. A Practical Guide to Self-Hypnosis – Melvin Powers
- 10. Richard Bandler’s Guide to Trance-formation: How to Harness the Power of Hypnosis to Ignite Effortless and Lasting Change – Richard Bandler
- 11. The Genie Within: Your Subconcious Mind–How It Works and How to Use It by Harry W Carpenter
1. Close Your Eyes, Get Free: Use Self-Hypnosis to Reduce Stress, Quit Bad Habits, and Achieve Greater Relaxation and Focus – Grace Smith
Close Your Eyes, Get Free is the bridge that takes hypnotherapy from mysterious and misunderstood into the mainstream, offering practical strategies and simple exercises anyone can do anytime, anywhere for a deeply relaxed and focused state.
“You use hypnosis not as a cure but as a means of establishing a favorable climate in which to learn.” Milton H. Erickson
2. How To Master Self-Hypnosis in a Weekend: The Simple, Systematic and Successful Way to Get Everything You Want – Rick Smith
As you’ve been hypnotized about many things, so are the people around you. Those who are telling you something is not possible (for you) have been hypnotized to believe that.
Learn from this book, first, how to deconstruct self-doubting thoughts others (or yourself) may have planted in your mind and second, how to master self-hypnosis so that you can:
- Control stressful thoughts and feel more relaxed and calm
- Change bad behaviors and make room for the positive habits you wish to have
- Feel more motivated, increase your focus, and embrace the commitment of showing up for yourself
“Allow yourself to see what you don’t allow yourself to see.” Milton H. Erickson
3. My Voice Will Go with You: The Teaching Tales of Milton H. Erickson – Sidney Rosen (Editor, Commentary)
Milton H. Erickson is the doctor that has revolutionized the field of hypnosis and self-hypnosis. We can’t talk about hypnosis without mentioning him.
He was the first to understand the power that storytelling has on our psyche.
At age 17, he contracted polio and doctors believed he would not make it. But he did… luckily for us.
His mother was struggling financially, so she had to leave him alone at home even though he was almost paralyzed. To make his life better, she put (for him) a hammock outside.
One day, the blowing wind rocked Erickson with the hammock. That slight movement made him remember how it feels to move. After that day, Erickson used his imagination and memory to overcome his paralysis.
If Erickson’s story is not inspiring enough to show you the power of your mind, how you can hypnotize yourself, perhaps, nothing else can be.
“Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.” Milton H. Erickson
Self-hypnosis is a skill that you can learn, and this book gives you the tools to enter into the fantastic world of your mind.
Do you have things in your life you wish to change? Perhaps, some bad habits or fears you can’t control? Then, this book is for you.
Yes, the power to change lies within you. However, if your mind is programmed to sabotage you, instead of helping, you’ll benefit significantly from enriching your knowledge and understanding of self-hypnosis by reading this book.
“Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change.” Milton H. Erickson
Are you ready to start hypnotizing yourself and change your life for the better?
Discover in this book scripts you can use to do just that: Change your life for the better!
- Learn how you can relax and enjoy life more;
- Discover how you can program your mind to drop off that stubborn weight that drags you down;
- Feel and be more sociable;
- Free your mind from worrying;
- Be more in control of your financial situation;
- Give up on someone you love but doesn’t love you back;
- Rediscover your spouse and confirm yourself that true love never dies;
… And much more
Starting from the scripts provided in this book you can also make your own scripts to fit perfectly your circumstances and situation.
“Life isn’t something you can give an answer to today. You should enjoy the process of waiting, the process of becoming what you are. There is nothing more delightful than planting flower seeds and not knowing what kind of flowers are going to come up.” Milton H. Erickson
Spare yourself from the pain of spending countless hours and money to harness the power of hypnosis. Read this book and make it easier for you.
Many people believe they can’t be hypnotized. However, most of them don’t really understand what hypnosis is.
You see? We are all doing many things mindlessly only to discover surprized the outcome of those things. We live throughout a day in many trance-like states; from going like a robot to the fridge and grab something to eat, to driving; from forgetting where are we going and why to not knowing where our time has gone.
If the trances you’re living have negative consequences, you might start blaming yourself or believing that you have a terrible memory. That can only deepen your dissatisfaction with life instead of helping you lead the life of dreams.
There is nothing wrong with you. Yet, if you really must blame something, blame the program installed in your mind and then, change it.
“Patients are patients because they are out of rapport with their own unconscious… Patients are people who have had too much programming – so much outside programming that they have lost touch with their inner selves.” Milton H. Erickson
7. The Everything Self-Hypnosis Book: Learn to use your mental power to take control of your life – Rene A Bastaracherican
The society today makes you feel self-conscious and guilty for wanting what you want or achieving what you achieve? It can feel that you’re never enough. Is it not?
If you dream big, “how dare you?!”
If you dream small, “you might be a loser.”
If you’re a modest person, “you’re not driven and motivated.”
Most of those who tell you that you’re not enough, don’t actually know who you are.
Discover in this book how to:
- Make that meaningful change
- Program your mind towards things that you consider being a success (feeling happy, for example, it’s a success in itself)
- Be the master of your thoughts and your future
“The unconscious mind is decidedly simple, unaffected, straightforward, and honest. It hasn’t got all of this facade, this veneer of what we call adult culture. It’s rather simple, rather childish. It is direct and free.” Milton H. Erickson
“Psycho-Cybernetics” is not exactly a book on how to use self-hypnosis. However, reading this book can help you:
- Understand your mind better,
- Deconstruct harmful (hypnosis) ideas planted by others (or yourself) in your mind,
- Improve your critical thinking,
- Overcome fears that can hold you back and make you feel stuck,
… And much more.
This book can open your mind about many things you haven’t even thought about before. After reading it, you’ll be able to write your own script for self-hypnosis.
“People who accomplish a great many things are people who have freed themselves from biases. These are the creative people.” Milton H. Erickson
Do you have a clear idea about why you do all the things you do?
We like to believe that the human is a rational being. Yet, most decisions we make are based on our emotions; which is good because that saves us a lot of time. It would be almost impossible to keep your self-discipline if you must rationalize everything you do when you’re doing it. Is it not?
So, yes we are a rational being, but our emotions guide our reasoning.
Discover in this book how to use your emotional and rational mind and hypnotize yourself to achieve greatness in life.
“Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.” Milton H. Erickson
10. Richard Bandler’s Guide to Trance-formation: How to Harness the Power of Hypnosis to Ignite Effortless and Lasting Change – Richard Bandler
Who’s dictating the path of your life? The society? Your environment? Or yourself?
Undoubtedly, many people have a positive influence in our lives. Yet, allowing others to make the laws of your life brings chaos instead of order.
Discover in this book how to organize your thoughts and your life, so that you (successfully) live the life you want.
Most probably, you hear a lot “just believe in yourself” as if that’s the only thing you need to be content in life. This book gives you the tools necessary for achieving that self-belief. It’s taking you out of your bubble so you can become the butterfly that roams free.
“Every person’s map of the world is as unique as their thumbprint. There are no two people alike. No two people who understand the same sentence the same way… So in dealing with people, you try not to fit them to your concept of what they should be.” Milton H. Erickson
When I was younger, I had all sorts of minor health issues. Monthly, I made at least one allergy, or I couldn’t even stand up because the gallbladder was rebelling.
For me, an allergic reaction means that my skin looks like the frog’s skin (with many spots and bumps) and itching.
When my gallbladder was rebelling, I couldn’t keep down not even water, headaches, and loss of any muscle power. Every other month, for almost two weeks, I barely got up.
But then, soon after I turned 30, I put on (in less than six months) about 44 pounds (20 kilos).
The strange thing it’s not the weight gain, but the fact that those pounds came with a positive side effect – all my minor health issues suddenly stopped; no more allergies; no more headaches; no more gallbladder rebellion – I felt better than I ever felt in my life.
However, that weight came also with a question “how should I be now?” I didn’t know how to BE. So, I thought that if I lose the weight, I’ll go back to my usual self. Logical, right?
But, (you see?) our subconscious mind doesn’t care about logic. Its prime directive is to keep you alive, to ensure your survival.
It took me some time to lose that excess weight because my subconscious mind was sabotaging me. Every time the scales showed I lost some weight, I panicked instead of feeling delighted. I didn’t know why that happens, but I thought ‘complicated problems have simple solutions‘, so I stopped using the scale and any other means to measure my weight.
I realized that for my subconscious mind being thinner means also being sick.
Discover in this book how to use your subconscious mind and its power to make your life happy and become the best version of You.
“Until you are willing to be confused about what you already know, what you know will never grow bigger, better, or more useful.” Milton H. Erickson