Being and feeling thankful is a wonderful emotion and state of mind. Usually, we feel thankful when we are:
- Pleased about an outcome
- Relieved that something was avoided or a difficult situation has been solved
- Glad to receive good news or we are made aware of something important
- Grateful for the things and attention we get
Discovered in this article, 75 of the best Quotes About Being Thankful so that you can show your appreciation easier.
Feeling thankful for what you have opens up the door for your better tomorrow.
If you’re a driver, I guess you know that annoyance when someone you let in front of you, just speeds up, without gesturing “thank you”. The lack of a “thank you” is so annoying that your mind tries to remember that face just in case it will happen again.
Being thankful makes life more enjoyable. You relate to others at a deeper level, building long-lasting relationships, and meaningful connections.
If something can lower the quality of anyone’s life, that is feeling entitled.
Use these 75 Quotes About Being Thankful and lower your entitlement feelings because that is increasing the quality of your life.
I guess you know some people that are never thankful but have many things for which to be thankful. Looking at them from outside, you might think “This person has it all!” Yes, we know they have it all, but they feel as if they don’t have anything.
That’s why being and feeling thankful is a wonderful emotion and state of mind; only when you feel this way (thankful) you can really see the value of what you get, what you have, and what you accomplish.
As there are people that are never thankful, there are as well, some too thankful to others but never thankful to themselves.
Learn how to praise others and yourself for every good deed. The more you show yourself thankful (to others and yourself) the many rewards you get.
Others just wait to be useful to you because they like how they see themselves in your eyes. Being thankful to yourself is the perfect incentive to push yourself further, accomplish more, challenge yourself, and discover your real value.
The 75 Quotes About Being Thankful (below) are a perfect example of how others express their feelings, what are they thankful for, how is being thankful, improving their lives.
1. I’m thankful for every moment. – Al Green
2. The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. – William Blake
3. Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot. – Hansa Proverb
4. Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty. – Doris Day
5. I’m just thankful I’m surrounded by good people. – Jon Pardi
6. Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved. – Reba McEntire
8. Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. – Aesop
9. An attitude of gratitude brings great things. – Yogi Bhajan
10. I am even thankful for the negative things that have made me a stronger and better person. – Joanna Krupa
11. Hope has a good memory, gratitude a bad one. – Baltasar Gracian
12. Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books – especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day. – John Wooden
13. Find the good and praise it. – Alex Haley
14. Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart. – Zig Ziglar
15. Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude. – Confucius
16. There’s no disaster that can’t become a blessing, and no blessing that can’t become a disaster. – Richard Bach
17. When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears. – Tony Robbins
18. At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
19. Entitlement is such a cancer, because it is void of gratitude. – Adam Smith
20. Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living. – Travis Barker
21. What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude. – Brené Brown
22. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. – Ralph Marston
23. Gratitude turns what we have into enough. – Aesop
24. What may seem a curse may be a blessing, and what may be a blessing may be a curse. – Muso Kokushi
25. There are always flowers for those who want to see them. – Henri Matisse
26. Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good. – Maya Angelou
27. Every blessing ignored becomes a curse. – Paulo Coelho
28. Many times, the decisions we make affect and hurt your closest friends and family the most. I have a lot of regrets in that regard. But God has forgiven me, which I am very thankful for. It has enabled me to forgive myself and move forward one day at a time. – Lex Luger
29. Giving is an expression of gratitude for our blessings. – Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen
30. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. – Willie Nelson
31. You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink. – G. K. Chesterton
32. I do believe that God blessed me in life with a wonderful family, a successful career, and a loving marriage, and remain thankful for that blessing. – Bonnie Tyler
33. Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life. – Rumi
34. Expressing gratitude is a natural state of being and reminds us that we are all connected. – Valerie Elster
35. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. – Marcus Tullius Cicero
36. Things must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
37. You don’t get blessed, and feel blessed. You have to first feel blessed, then the blessings come to you. – Roman Price
38. When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. – Dalai Lama
39. ‘Enough’ is a feast. – Buddhist proverb
40. There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person. – Joyce Meyer
41. Three meals plus bedtime make four sure blessings a day. – Mason Cooley
42. Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy. – Jacques Maritain
43. Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them. – Marcus Aurelius
44. Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. – Voltaire
45. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
46. If you have lived, take thankfully the past. – John Dryden
47. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude. – Karl Barth
48. Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices. – Robert Braathe
49. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude. – Albert Schweitzer
50. I am thankful the most important key in history was invented. It’s not the key to your house, your car, your boat, your safety deposit box, your bike lock or your private community. It’s the key to order, sanity, and peace of mind. The key is ‘Delete.’ – Elayne Boosler
51. No blessing lasts forever. – Plautus
52. Joy is a heart full and a mind purified by gratitude. – Marietta McCarty
53. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others. – Marcus Tellius Cicero
54. If you count all your assets, you always show a profit. – Robert Quillen
55. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. – Melody Beattie
56. Ingratitude is treason to mankind. – James Thomson
57. My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus. – Stephen Hawking
58. May the gratitude in my heart kiss all the universe. – Hafiz
59. Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not. – Epicurus
60. Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding. – Alice Walker
61. If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share. – W. Clement Stone
62. If you want to find happiness, find gratitude. – Steve Maraboli
63. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. – Melody Beattie
64. Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. – W.T. Purkiser
65. I was given such a great gift. It’s a miracle that never stops amazing me and reminding me to give thanks, every day. Having a wife and daughter gives me a lot more purpose. I was much more selfish before, but now I think about what kind of role model I’ll be. I just want to be a better man. – Jake Owen
66. Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. – William Arthur Ward
67. No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night. – Elie Wiesel
68. Appreciation is the purest vibration that exists on the planet today. – Abraham Hicks
69. The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude. – Thornton Wilder
70. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
71. If you don’t appreciate what you have, you may as well not have it. – Rosalene Glickman
72. To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven. – Johannes A. Gaertner
73. So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied. – Helen Keller
74. The smallest act of kindness is worth than the grandest intention. – Oscar Wilde
75. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?