For Her | For Him | Couples | Proposal |
Newly Engaged | Announcement | Engagement Day | After Engagement |
For Sister and Brother | For Daughter and Son | For Friends |
Funny One-liners | Broken | Inspirational | Prayer, Biblical, Christian |
Sample Card Messages | Photoshoot Ideas for Instagram and Facebook
GIFs (Romantic, Announcement, Rings, Funny) | Memes
Whether you’re celebrating your engagement or attending the engagement ceremony of your best friend or a family member, commemorate the joyous moment with one of these engagement quotes and engagement wishes.
If you’re planning on writing an engagement card or if you’re looking for some ideas to say as part of your toast during the engagement day, this big list of quotes will help you come up with the perfect message.
From sweet sayings about finding a special person to popular quotes about two people becoming one, these 100 engagement sayings will help you find the right words to mark the momentous occasion.
1. Dreams do come true. I found you.
2. It’s not your perfectness that I fell in love with. It was your flaws that brought me in.
3. He did not know when it stops being about himself and being all about her all the time.
4. Every day that we spend together I find myself loving you more and more, my dear love.
5. You whispered not just into this ear of mine but deep into this heart that beats for only you.
1. He stole my heart, so I’m going to steal his last name.
2. Show the world that you love her and she will truly love you for it, I assure that to you.
3. He is more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
4. Hold my hand and I will go anywhere with you.
5. I find the most beautiful moments of life aren’t just with you, but because of you. – Leo Christopher
1. Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
2. No one can ever break the bond between two people who love one another.
3. Without you I’m nothing, with you I’m something, but together we are everything.
4. When I look into your eyes, I see the mirror of my soul.
5. I still remember the feeling I felt when I first started talking to you.
6. I choose you and I’ll choose you. Over and over and over without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat, I’ll keep choosing you.
7. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. – Nora Ephron
8. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. – Rita Rudner
9. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. – Judy Garland
1. Let us be together for the rest of our lives, I will assure you that, starting from this engagement.
2. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with a person, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
3. Ever since the day we met, I knew that I would want to be with you all the time, for eternity.
4. I feel like love was bursting from inside of me and I wanted to give it to someone like you.
5. You see, there is not much that I want to share with you but my love that is true.
6. I want you to grow old with me, to stay with me until I can no longer recognize anyone but you.
7. I cannot think of a reason not to ask you to marry me when I am filled with love for you.
Related: What to Say When You Propose to Your Girlfriend
1. I want all of my lasts to be with you.
2. I can conquer the world with one hand as long as you are holding the other.
3. It is not a chain that will keep us together but the love we have for each other.
1. Some knots are meant to be tied forever. Here is our sweet and smooth journey towards eternity holding each other’s hand.
2. Now, at last, they were beginning chapter one of the great stories no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before.
1. We must have been soulmates in the past for we just clicked so easily to be engaged so fast.
2. He did not realize that she was all he ever wanted all along and when he finally did, he immediately knelt down on one knee and asked her to marry.
3. There is no love that feels like yours in this world and I would say yes over and over again.
4. I would never forget the day you told me that you wanted to spend the rest of forever with me.
5. From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home.
6. The happiest moment of my life was the moment you knelt down on one and proposed to me.
7. When you asked me what I wanted to be, I said yours and you kissed me like no tomorrow.
8. Engagement is not as simple as candlelight and roses. It’s day-to-day living, taking time, making time to be there, with open arms and a giving heart. Engagement is the special day where we start our new story of life.
1. Engagement is more like getting to know if you really want to marry someone for real.
2. Engagement is trying to figure out each other’s quirks before the two of you get married.
3. Engagement is practically trying to find someone with the same weirdness as you.
4. Engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and the beginning of an eternal love story.
5. When you get engaged with someone you want to get married as soon as possible, that is love.
For Sister and Brother
1. One day, there will be someone to walk into your peaceful life and show you what love is.
2. Love reminds you that nothing else matters. – Any Bushnell
3. To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. – David Viscott
For Daughter and Son
1. Marriage is not easy so never marry someone else for other reasons besides love.
2. I hope that one day when you get engaged, it is with the person that matters to you, the one you truly love, and not someone you are forced to be with.
3. The couples that are “meant to be” are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before.
1. You felt a connection with her that you have never felt with anyone else and you loved that.
2. What he saw in you is something that you never saw in yourself and that is why you match.
3. Once someone comes into your life and show you what love is, you will know what it means.
1. My name sounds even cuter with your last name added to it.
2. It would have to be someone special to tell me that they love me and for me to stay.
3. Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever.
4. You’re pretty much my favorite of all time in the history of ever.
5. You had me at that moment I told you my name and you said it, I love how it sounds from you.
6. Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. – Albert Einstein
1. What is a man without a woman to love and show him the wonders that love can do?
1. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
2. Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life. – Leo Buscaglia
3. Any home can be a castle when the king and queen be together with unconditional love.
4. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
5. Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
6. Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
7. True love stories never have endings. – Richard Bach
8. The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed. – Carl Jung
9. A relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, but you fix the light bulb.
10. The experiences that two people share together to form bonds that make them stay together.
11. Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last–more than passion or even sex. – Simone Signoret
12. What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life–to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting? – George Eliot
13. We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it love–true love. – Robert Fulghum
Prayer, Biblical, Christian
1. You are God’s promise to me, the one that I am truly meant to be with, now and forever.
2. Love is not blind – it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. – Rabbi Julius Gordon
Sample Card Messages
1. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down, and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together.
2. In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine. – Maya Angelou
3. You rose into my life like a promised sunrise, brightening my days with the light in your eyes. I’ve never been so strong. Now I’m where I belong.
4. Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. Your love paints a beautiful picture of what love really means.
Photoshoot Ideas for Instagram and Facebook
We’ll never know what could have happened if Romeo and Juliet got married. True love starts with engagement and continues with getting married. True love, begins after you say “I do”.
Discover in this article, 75 of the best engagement quotes so that you have a better idea of what others believe true love is. Not because you might not already know. After all, love and being in love, it’s subjective, and each of us has a different definition for it.
Get inspired by what others say and believe about love and make love declarations that can truly show your deepest feelings for your partner.
For hundreds of years, the most often used question for a woman when she got engaged was: “How big is your rock?”
The value of the engagement ring had to exceed his income for a few months. The logic of it was the woman to have a backup plan in case he changed his mind. An engaged woman and left, had to wait for a year or more until someone else got interested in her. Because women didn’t have too well-paid jobs, the size of “the rock” really mattered, being (in those times) her lifeline.
The custom of offering an expensive engagement ring is kept to this day, but today (for most) has a different meaning… or they don’t know times have changed.
Today, “how big is your love?” it’s much more important than “how big is your rock?”. Is it not?
A few years back, a friend of mine, told me: “Our parents had a better life than us; they didn’t have too much choice or a saying about who they married; their parents and relatives decided for them.
I’m almost 30, and I can’t decide who should I marry.
I like brown eyes guys, but none of those I met are fit to be my husband. I like men with a good sense of humor, but none of those I met are serious enough to build a house together.”
Shakespeare had no idea when he wrote Romeo and Juliet how much will society change, how love will change, how difficult it will become to find the perfect partner for a lifetime.
When you choose your partner for life, remember that true love begins after you say “I do.”
Being married is lovely when you have a spouse that loves you even when they imagine how you’ll look like in your 80s. Yes, is true, many, many other things count for a successful marriage, but all of them start from being loved no matter what life changes in your physical appearance.
True love begins after you say “I do.”
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?