We’ll never know what could have happened if Romeo and Juliet got married. True love starts with engagement and continues with getting married. True love, begins after you say “I do”.
Discover in this article, 75 of the best engagement quotes so that you have a better idea of what others believe true love is. Not because you might not already know. After all, love and being in love, it’s subjective, and each of us has a different definition for it.
Get inspired by what others say and believe about love and make love declarations that can truly show your deepest feelings for your partner.
For hundreds of years, the most often used question for a woman when she got engaged was: “How big is your rock?”
The value of the engagement ring had to exceed his income for a few months. The logic of it was the woman to have a backup plan in case he changed his mind. An engaged woman and left, had to wait for a year or more until someone else got interested in her. Because women didn’t have too well-paid jobs, the size of “the rock” really mattered, being (in those times) her lifeline.
The custom of offering an expensive engagement ring is kept to this day, but today (for most) has a different meaning… or they don’t know times have changed.
Today, “how big is your love?” it’s much more important than “how big is your rock?”. Is it not?
A few years back, a friend of mine, told me: “Our parents had a better life than us; they didn’t have too much choice or a saying about who they married; their parents and relatives decided for them.
I’m almost 30, and I can’t decide who should I marry.
I like brown eyes guys, but none of those I met are fit to be my husband. I like men with a good sense of humor, but none of those I met are serious enough to build a house together.”
Shakespeare had no idea when he wrote Romeo and Juliet how much will society change, how love will change, how difficult it will become to find the perfect partner for a lifetime.
When you choose your partner for life, remember that true love begins after you say “I do.”
Being married is lovely when you have a spouse that loves you even when they imagine how you’ll look like in your 80s. Yes, is true, many, many other things count for a successful marriage, but all of them start from being loved no matter what life changes in your physical appearance.
True love begins after you say “I do.”
1. Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
2. It would have to be someone special to tell me that they love me and for me to stay.
3. My name sounds even cuter with your last name added to it.
4. He did not know when it stop being about himself and being all about her all the time.
5. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
6. Engagement is trying to figure out each other’s quirks before the two of you get married.
7. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with a person, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
8. Show the world that you love her and she will truly love you for it, I assure that to you.
9. We must have been soulmates in the past for we just clicked so easily to be engaged so fast.
10. Every day that we spend together I find myself loving you more and more, my dear love.
11. He stole my heart, so I’m going to steal his last name.
12. Let us be together for the rest of our lives, I will assure you that, starting from this engagement.
13. Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life. – Leo Buscaglia
14. Marriage is not easy so never marry someone else for other reasons besides love.
15. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together.
16. Engagement is more like a getting to know if you really want to marry someone for real.
17. It’s not your perfectness that I fell in love with. It was your flaws that brought me in.
18. No one can ever break the bond between two people who love one another.
19. Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
20. One day, there will be someone to walk into your peaceful life and show you what love is.
21. True love stories never have endings. – Richard Bach
22. What is a man without a woman to love and show him the wonders that love can do?
23. Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
24. I feel like love was bursting from inside of me and I wanted to give it to someone like you.
25. In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine. – Maya Angelou
26. You see, there is not much that I want to share with you but my love that is true.
27. Love reminds you that nothing else matters. – Any Bushnell
28. I hope that one day, when you get engaged, it is with the person that matters to you, the one you truly love and not someone you are forced to be with.
29. Love reminds you that nothing else matters.
30. You felt a connection with her that you have never felt with anyone else and you loved that.
31. Love is not blind – it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. – Rabbi Julius Gordon
32. He did not realize that she was all he ever wanted all along and when he finally did, he immediately knelt down on one knee and asked her to marry.
33. Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever.
34. I want you to grow old with me, to stay with me until I can no longer recognize anyone but you.
35. Without you I’m nothing, with you I’m something, but together we are everything.
36. Engagement is practically trying to find someone with the same weirdness as you.
37. The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed. – Carl Jung
38. When you get engaged with someone you want to get married as soon as possible, that is love.
39. You rose into my life like a promised sunrise, brightening my days with the light in your eyes. I’ve never been so strong. Now I’m where I belong.
40. I would never forget the day you told me that you wanted to spend the rest of forever with me.
41. I choose you and I’ll choose you. Over and over and over without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat, I’ll keep choosing you.
42. Engagement is not as simple as candlelight and roses. It’s day-to-day living, taking time, making time to be there, with open arms and a giving heart. Engagement is the special day where we start our new story of life.
43. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
44. It is not chain that will keep us together but the love we have for each other.
45. To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. – David Viscott
46. He is more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
47. Now at last they were beginning chapter one of the great stories no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before.
48. There is no love that feels like yours in this world and I would say yes over and over again.
49. Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. Your love paints a beautiful picture of what love really means.
50. I cannot think of a reason not to ask you to marry me when I am filled with love for you.
51. Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. – Albert Einstein
52. The couples that are “meant to be” are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before.
53. I want all of my lasts to be with you.
54. I can conquer the world with one hand as long as you are holding the other.
55. When I look into your eyes, I see the mirror of my soul.
56. Ever since the day we met, I knew that I would want to be with you all the time, for eternity.
57. Dreams do come true. I found you.
58. You are God’s promise to me, the one that I am truly meant to be with, now and forever.
59. It’s not your perfectness that I fell in love with. It was your flaws that brought me in.
60. Any home can be a castle when the king and queen be together with unconditional love.
61. I still remember the feeling I felt when I first started talking to you.
62. The experiences that two people share together form bonds that makes them stay together.
63. You’re pretty much my favorite of all time in the history of ever.
64. When you asked me what I wanted to be, I said yours and you kissed me like no tomorrow.
65. Hold my hand and I will go anywhere with you.
66. What he saw in you is something that you never saw in yourself and that is why you match.
67. I find the most beautiful moments of life aren’t just with you, but because of you. – Leo Christopher
68. Engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and beginning of an eternal love story.
69. A relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, but you fix the light bulb.
70. From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home.
71. You whispered not just into this ear of mine but deep into this heart that beats for only you.
72. You had me at that moment I told you my name and you said it, I love how it sounds from you.
73. Once someone comes into your life and show you what love is, you will know what it means.
74. Some knots are meant to be tied forever. Here is our sweet and smooth journey towards eternity holding each other’s hand.
75. The happiest moment of my life was the moment you knelt down on one and proposed to me.