Every day blood transfusions take place and save millions of lives all over the world. However, there are still a number of countries that don’t have an adequate amount of blood suppliers. Some countries are even relying mostly on blood from people that ask for money for their gesture. It’s alarming and saddening that things like this still happen.
Blood donation is a service to humankind. By donating blood, you help someone in need, and it can very well save a precious life.
That’s precisely why we celebrate World Blood Donor Day on the 14th of June every year to encourage blood donation and also to give thanks to all the blood donors all around the globe.
One of the main reasons why people are not donating blood is that some of them are not fully aware of its benefits, and some are even afraid to do so because of misinformation. To better understand the concept, we’ve compiled some basic facts about blood donation.
The process is as simple as:
- Mini-physical exam and medical history
- Donation of blood
Who Can Donate Blood?
Donor’s age must be between 18-60 years old, and their weight should be more than 45 kgs to be able to donate blood.
How much blood do you donate?
The average adult has about 10 pints of blood in his body. Roughly one pint is given during a donation.
How often can you donate?
A healthy donor may donate blood every 56 days or 8 weeks. However, you must consult your doctor first before donating blood and avoid donation if you’re suffering from any disorders.
Health Benefits of Blood Donation:
- Promotes good health
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowers risk of hemochromatosis
- Helps in reducing the risk of cancer
- Boosts production of new blood cells
- Helps prevent heart and liver ailments caused by iron overload
Because of the constant need for blood donations, blood collecting organizations all over the world are trying to reach as many possible donors as they can. They use inspirational quotes, inspiring blood donation slogans, campaign posters, motivational quotes, and just about anything to encourage people to donate, no matter their blood types.
Below are some of the most powerful blood donation quotes that will encourage you to donate blood and be a hero in someone’s life.
1. Every blood donor is a lifesaver.
2. You don’t have to be somebody’s family member to donate blood.
4. If you’re a blood donor, you’re a hero to someone, somewhere, who received your gracious gift of life.
5. Be a blood donor, be a Hero – A real one.
1. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat – Winston Churchill
2. The blood is red gold in the time of saving a life.
3. A single pint can save three lives, a single gesture can create a million smiles.
1. To whomsoever saved my life – ‘Thank you’ I owe you my blood. – Kid
2. Tears of a mother cannot save her Child. But your Blood can.
3. Someone’s blood saved my life and made my mom smile – was that you?
4. To give blood you need neither extra strength nor extra food, and you will save a life.
1. Mother’s tears cannot save her child’s life but your blood can.
2. Blood can circulate forever if you keep donating it.
1. The blood you donate gives someone another chance at life. One day that someone may be a close relative, a friend, a loved one—or even you. – Redcrossblood.org
2. Blood donation is the way to stay healthy.
1. Don’t let mosquitoes get your blood first.
2. The best blood will at some time get into a fool or a mosquito. – Austin O’Malley
1. Blood is a life, pass it on!
2. The Blood Donor of today may be a recipient of tomorrow.
3. A bottle of blood saved my life, was it yours?
1. A life may depend on a gesture from you, a bottle of Blood.
1. It feels good, It makes me Proud, I am a blood donor.
1. You are somebody’s type, Please donate.
2. To the young and healthy it’s no loss. To the sick, it’s the hope of life. Donate Blood to give back life.
Affordable, private online counseling.