We must say, our advanced civilization started with a teacher who gathered children around.
Discover in this article, 50 of the best and most Inspirational Teacher Quotes.
Ever since we discovered how similar we are genetical with primates, we wanted to know: “How come we are so advanced if all that separates us (from primates) it’s only 2%?”
The main difference between humans and other creatures is the fact that we love to teach and share our knowledge. Each generation teaches all it discovered to the next one.
There is one interesting question that many science fiction writers ask: “What would happen to the humankind if all adults got extinct overnight?” and the next question is: “How far back we’ll be if all the knowledge we accumulated (from generation to generation) got lost in some disaster?”
When you think of these two questions you realize how important teachers are:
- There’s no moving forward without teachers.
- There’s little knowledge accumulation without teachers.
- There’s a lot of wasted time and energy without teachers.
On the other hand, there are teachers and teachers.
No matter what’s your profession you are a teacher, and the most significant thing you teach others is how to treat you. Next, if you’re a parent, you have the toughest teaching job in the world. Not only the toughest but also the most life-changing.
I said these things because I want to emphasize how vital is to be one of those teachers that people take pride in learning from you.
The following 50 Teacher Quotes aim to help you appreciate even more what and how others teach you. Plus, inspire you to become the best teacher you can be and make a real difference in the world.
1. Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students. — Charles Kuralt
2. Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions.
3. Teachers affect eternity; no one can tell where their influence stops. – Henry Brooks Adams
4. If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes. — Guy Kawasaki
5. Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
6. The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.
7. Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition. — Jacques Barzun
8. It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.
9. Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best. – Bob Talbert
10. The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. – Mark Van Doren
11. The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. – Amos Bronson Alcott
12. Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace. – Confucius
13. They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a ton even when you don’t know it. ― Nicholas Sparks
14. In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less. – Lee Iacocca
15. So what does a good teacher do? Create tension — but just the right amount. — Donald Norman
16. Teaching is the greatest act of optimism. – Colleen Wilcox
17. Teaching is a calling too. And I’ve always thought that teachers in their way are holy — angels leading their flocks out of the darkness. ― Jeannette Walls
18. I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. – Lily Tomlin
19. The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. — Khalil Gibran
20. I am not a teacher, but an awakener. – Robert Frost
21. The influence of teachers extends beyond the classroom, well into the future. — F. Sionil Jose
22. Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. – John Dewey
23. If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow. – John Dewey
24. How wonderful it is that we need not wait a single moment before starting to change the world. — Anne Frank
25. I will venture to maintain that where the teacher is not pleasing to the pupil, there is no education. — Xenophon
26. I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. — Lily Tomlin
27. The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer. – Alice Wellington Rollins
28. Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world. — Malala Yousafzai
29. Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the Earth. – Helen Caldicott
30. It is a greater work to educate a child, in the true and large sense of that phrase, than to rule a state. — William Ellery Channing
31. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. – Albert Einstein
32. Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives. — Andy Rooney
33. Teachers are our greatest public servants; they spend their lives educating our young people and shaping our nation for tomorrow. — Solomon Ortiz
34. A good education can change anyone, a good teacher can change everything.
35. The duties of a teacher are neither few nor small, but they elevate the mind and give energy to the character. — Dorothea Dix
36. Teachers encourage minds to think, hands to create, and hearts to love.
37. There are two kinds of teachers: the kind that fill you with so much quail shot that you can’t move, and the kind that just gives you a little prod behind and you jump to the skies. ― Robert Frost
38. Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.
39. If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. – Ignacio ‘Nacho’ Estrada
40. A good teacher is like a candle, it consumes itself to light the way for others.
41. You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room. — Dr. Seuss
42. The most valuable resource that all teachers have is each other. Without collabortaion our growth is limited to our own perspectives.
43. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. — Maya Angelou
44. Without teachers, life would have no class.
45. There’s no word in the language I revere more than ‘teacher.’ My heart sings when a kid refers to me as his teacher, and it always has. I’ve honored myself and the entire family of man by becoming a teacher. — Pat Conroy
46. The best teachers are those who tell you where to look, but don’t tell you what you see.
47. Teachers change the world, one child at a time.
48. Students work hardest for teachers they like and respect. When I’m asked, “How do I get the students to like and respect me?” my immediate response is , “Like and respect them first.” – Dr. Debbie Silver
49. The day you’re willing to veer off the lesson plan, follow a kid’s lead, and learn with your students is the day you really become a teacher.
50. The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. – William A. Ward
Affordable, private online counseling.