Sunsets are undeniably breathtaking. As the sun sets, the sky is filled with a myriad of colors as if an artist has spilled paint on a canvas. They might be fleeting and inconsequential, but sunsets are one of the few beautiful acts of nature we can see anywhere we are in the world.
A setting sun means another day is coming to an end, and it’s time to rest after a day’s work or maybe go out and have a fun night out with friends.
Say goodbye to the sun and wait for twilight to come as you read our collection of some of the best sunset quotes and sayings.
1. “Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.” — John Lubbock
2. “At sunset we are rattling through the streets of the little town of Cordova.” — Edward Burnett Tylor
3. “I envy people who can just look at a sunset. I wonder how you can shoot it. There is nothing more grotesque to me than a vacation.” — Dustin Hoffman
4. “Instead of sailing off into the sunset, he hopes to sail into the next century.” — Dave Anderson
5. “After you start learning all about the mechanics of piloting a riverboat, you stop seeing all the pretty sunsets and you start thinking about the weather.” — John Hartford
6. “I’m feeling pretty good right now, but I hope we can just win the whole thing and I can run off into the sunset and say good-bye.” — David Wells
7. “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” — Henry Rollins
8. “I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.” — John McCain
9. “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.” — Claude Debussy
10. “Everyone can identify with a fragrant garden, with beauty of sunset, with the quiet of nature, with a warm and cozy cottage.” — Thomas Kincade
11. “Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquility of a lovely sunset.” — Ann Landers
12. “If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds 10 million to the box office.” — George Lucas
13. “Know where to find the sunrise and sunset times and note how the sky looks at those times, at least once.” — Marilyn vos Savant
14. “Two golden hours somewhere between sunrise and sunset. Both are set with 60 diamond minutes. No reward is offered. They are gone forever.” — Horace Mann
15. “Our American heritage is greater than any one of us. It can express itself in very homely truths; in the end it can lift up our eyes beyond the glow in the sunset skies.” — Bruce Catton
16. “The true purpose of education is to teach a man to carry himself triumphant to the sunset.” — Liberty Hyde Bailey
17. “Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever.” — Horace Mann
18. “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal.” — Elbert Hubbard
19. “How strange this fear of death is! We are never frightened at a sunset.” — George MacDonald
20. “Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” — Amy Grant
21. “The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.” — Pamela Hansford Johnson
22. “The scattered tea goes with the leaves and every day a sunset dies.” — William Faulkner
23. “Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.” — Kate D. Wiggins
24. “It was a rich and gorgeous sunset – an American sunset; and the ruddy glow of the sky was reflected from some extensive pools of water among the shadowy copses in the meadow below.” — Francis Parkman
25. “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
26. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” — Mahatma Gandhi
27. “My mother is a big believer in being responsible for your own happiness. She always talked about finding joy in small moments and insisted that we stop and take in the beauty of an ordinary day. When I stop the car to make my kids really see a sunset, I hear my mother’s voice and smile.” — Jennifer Garner
28. “There is nothing is more musical than a sunset. He who feels what he sees will find no more beautiful example of development in all that book which, alas, musicians read but too little – the book of Nature.” — Claude Debussy
29. “Beauty for some provides escape, who gain a happiness in eyeing the gorgeous buttocks of the ape or Autumn sunsets exquisitely dying.” — Langston Hughes
30. “I don’t know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets.” — John Glenn
31. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” — Rabindranath Tagore
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?