Discover in this article, 35 of the most inspirational quotes about hard times. You know, those (unavoidable) times that all of us have to go through.
In life, the question is not if you’ll encounter hard times but how fast and easy can you overcome the vicissitudes of life?
Life is like the weather. You have spring days, summer days, autumn days, and when days.
Like in nature, we can’t say there are events in our lives that don’t have anything positive the offer. Any event in your life, sad or happy, gives you a lesson you can use to make your future brighter.
The most dangerous state of mind (for your life and health) is the state of apathy. Because hard times keep you engaged in the process of sorting things out, in a sense, they are sustaining your life, moving you away from apathy and boredom.
You’re better today compared to ever before in part due to all that handshape you lived through. Are you not?
The 35 quotes about hard times presented to you in this article, aim to help you smoothly move forward, rediscover how capable you are, and make you aware of the fact that beyond the clouds, the sun is always shining.
Hard times are challenging our status quo, forcing you to get out of your comfort zone, which in turn makes you more creative. Believe me, if your life was only music and roses, you’d get bored pretty fast. Not to mention that if things were perfect all the time, that profession would take the spices and fun out of life.
Listen, you can’t be proud of the things given to you in which you have no merit. However, the harder it was for you to accomplish something, the higher the satisfaction can be.
Learning how to improve your life, it’s not a matter of discovering how to avoid pain and sorrow. Yet, learning how to deal in the best way possible with pain and sorrow.
Many parents say to their children: “Don’t get too excited because you’ll be very disappointed.” My mother used to say this to me a lot until one day when I said to her: “I prefer to live excitement every day, even though, sometimes I must pay for it with disappointment.”
Use these 35 quotes about hard times and get excited about your life, get excited about how many ways you have to overcome your obstacles, get excited about the opportunity to show your strength (view hard times as opportunities).
Some of the people whit whom I work tell me: “I can’t become successful because I have no confidence.” To all of them, my reply starts with this: “The most important confidence you can have is to believe that you can face and deal with no matter what life put in front of you; you can have this confidence because it’s a proven fact. Your life so far is the proof.”
Allow me to say to you today the same thing: “The most important confidence you can have is to believe that you can face and deal with no matter what life put in front of you; you can have this confidence because it’s a proven fact. Your life so far is the proof.”
Life is not always music and roses, but you’re capable of getting out of difficulty. You did it so far; have you not?
When you fall, get up, dust yourself off, and march forward with the confidence that You Can Do It.
1. Tough times never last, but tough people do. — Robert H. Schuller
2. If you fell down yesterday, stand up today. ― H.G. Wells
3. We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us. — William J. Brennan, Jr.
4. Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus
5. The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail. – Nelson Mandela
6. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow. – Mary Anne Radmacher
7. In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. – Lee Iacocca
8. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. – William James
9. It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed. – Doe Zantamata
10. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. — Maya Angelou
11. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. — Thomas Edison
12. Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them. – Norman Vincent Peale
13. Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Robert H Schuller
14. Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. – John Wooden
15. If it’s not exactly like you thought it would be, you think it’s a failure. What about the spectrum of colors in between. – Sara Evans
16. The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself. – Deepak Chopra
17. Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable! – Yvonne Pierre
18. To have darkness behind me, in front of me a bright sky, flickering lights on the water and to feel it on the stony face of the southern sun. – Julia Hartwig
19. When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. — Franklin D. Roosevelt
20. Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. – Jacques Prevert
21. I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me. – Dr. Seuss
22. It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop. – Confucius
23. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on. – Robert Frost
24. Man is fond of counting his troubles but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up, as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. – Fyodor Dostoevsky
26. Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want. – Jim Rohn
27. And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about. ― Haruki Murakami
28. You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. – James Allen
29. Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit. – Napoleon Hill
30. Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. — Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne
31. To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist. — Gail Sheehy
32. The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity. – Seneca
33. There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. — Alexandre Dumas
34. I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. – Jewish Proverb
35. If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. – Mary Engelbreit