“It is really amazing what people can do. Only they don’t know what they can do.” Milton H. Erickson
Read in this article top 23 Milton H. Erickson quotes so that you can discover easier your true self and real value.
Milton Erickson is the genius behind modern hypnotherapy. He began practicing hypnosis in a time when most people had preconceived ideas about it and believed hypnosis to be one of the following three things:
- It doesn’t exist
- It’s a hocus-pocus that doesn’t work
- It’s evil with horrible consequences
Luckily for us, Erickson didn’t listen to those voices but his own voice and experience. He discovered the power of self-hypnosis in his late teens. Being almost paralyzed, after contracting polio, he was amazed by the fact that remembering how it feels to move helped him regained body movement.
The fact that he was a prisoner to his bed for quite a long time help him become an excellent observer, and later, an excellent hypnotherapist.
He understood (early on) practicing hypnotherapy how amazing human mind is, and how you can influence people to discover who they actually are and celebrate who they are.
Erickson has developed many (or better said, most) hypnotic techniques used today. He was the first to use storytelling more purposely (rather than intuitively) to help his patients get back on their feet.
If you’d like to know more about how Milton H. Erickson has put in practice hypnotherapy and the successes he had, you might benefit greatly from reading this book:
We have (attentively) selected for you the following 23 quotes by Milton H. Erickson to be an inspiration and a powerful motivator to change those things that don’t work for you.
1. “Allow yourself to see what you don’t allow yourself to see.”
2. “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.”
3. “You use hypnosis not as a cure but as a means of establishing a favorable climate in which to learn.”
4. “Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change.”
5. “Life isn’t something you can give an answer to today. You should enjoy the process of waiting, the process of becoming what you are. There is nothing more delightful than planting flower seeds and not knowing what kind of flowers are going to come up.”
6. “Don’t ask why the patient is the way he is, ask for what he would change.”
7. “Patients are patients because they are out of rapport with their own unconscious… Patients are people who have had too much programming – so much outside programming that they have lost touch with their inner selves.”
8. “Life’s difficulties are merely necessary roughage.”
9. “The unconscious mind is decidedly simple, unaffected, straightforward and honest. It hasn’t got all of this facade, this veneer of what we call adult culture. It’s rather simple, rather childish. It is direct and free.”
10. “You can pretend anything and master it.”
11. “How many of us really appreciate the childishness of the unconscious mind?”
12. “People who accomplish a great many things are people who have freed themselves from biases. These are the creative people.”
13. “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.”
14. “Every person’s map of the world is as unique as their thumbprint. There are no two people alike. No two people who understand the same sentence the same way… So in dealing with people, you try not to fit them to your concept of what they should be.”
15. “Until you are willing to be confused about what you already know, what you know will never grow bigger, better, or more useful.”
16. “You use hypnosis not as a cure but as a means of establishing a favorable climate in which to learn.”
17. “What is easiest to see is often overlooked.”
18. “The unconscious mind works without your knowledge and that is the way it prefers.”
19. “We always translate the other person’s language into our own language.”
20. “There are so many things in human living that we should regard not as traumatic learning but as incomplete learning, unfinished learning.”
21. “I have no intention of dying. In fact, it will be the last thing I do!”
22. “When I wanted to know something, I wanted it undistorted by somebody else’s imperfect knowledge.”
23. “Life is lived in the present and directed toward a future.”
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?