We have compiled for you a list of inspiring 61 quotes about the brain and mind so that you can take full advantage of your most significant assets – your neurons.
You are living in the world that puts so much pressure on you to look better, younger, and prosperous with total disregard for your brain.
Love yourself more, love your brain. It’s the engine that puts everything in motion.
Learn how to be the best engineer that can maneuver and maintain this engine to always be in top shape. Find inspiration and motivation by reading books about the brain, quotes about your mind, and keep safe what makes the most the essence of you – your brain.
1. “This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” – Dalai Lama
2. “Your own brain ought to have the decency to be on your side!” – Terry Pratchett, Wintersmith
3. “Isn’t it a paradox that we want the new version of everything, but we fear to change our mind?” – Carmen Jacob
Someone having a heart transplant (or any other organ transplant), in essence, remains pretty much the same person. Therefore, what makes you be you, is your brain.
There is no greater fear people have other than the fear of changing their mind because they see it as a betrayal of who we are… and we like who we are! Feeling you’re enough doesn’t kill your desire to be more or something different; the fear of change does.
4. “If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn’t.” – Emerson M. Pugh
5. “You become ill or attract illness or dis-ease into your life because you refuse to let your brain grow.” – Saidi Mdala, Know What Matters
6. “Be the interior designer of your mind. Arrange your thoughts towards the light.” – Carmen Jacob
As you design your house with pretty things to look at, fill your mind with positive thoughts.
Isn’t it a pleasure to come home and be delighted by what you see, hear, and how you feel? A positive thinking mind has the same effect on your mood; the difference is though, your mind is with you 24/7. Arrange your thoughts towards the light, clean your mind of unnecessary clutter, and choose to be happy.
7. “Learn to deal with the fact that you are not a perfect person but you are a person that deserves respect and honesty.” – Pandora Poikilos, Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
8. “Your genes don’t control your life as much as your mind, and your thoughts do.” – Carmen Jacob
9. “There are two sides to every brain, and there are two sides to every story about the brain.” – Chinyerim Alizor
What is the story of your brain?
You see? Our brain has a difficult task – that is to adapt and craft new stories because constantly must catch up with the changes in your body. For example, someone living with a chronic illness must change, not only their habits but also how they see themselves.
What is your favorite story about your brain? How are you manage to take great decisions or how creative you are?
Answering that question can tell you what you’re passionate about.
10. “Your brain is the organ of your personality, character, and
intelligence and is heavily involved in making you who you are.” – Daniel G. Amen
11. “What are you repeating in your mind? That you’re good enough or the opposite?… Because unfortunately, the opposite you’ll believe much faster…” – Carmen Jacob
12. “In order to be the master of your life, you must first recognize that you are the rightful master of your brain, its owner and operator.” – Ilchi Lee
13. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” – John Green
14. “I’m an insomniac, my mind works the night shift.” – Pete Wentz, Gray
15. “If I could put my brain in her body, the world would be mine for the taking.” – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
16. “How to clean up your mind:
Remind yourself that you can’t control everything
Offer yourself compassion and understanding
Free your mind of self-bashing thoughts
Focus more on what you want out of life
Make an effort to understand others better” – Carmen Jacob
17. “The marvelous interplay of various brain circuits creates our instinctual reality of the daily life.” – Abhijit Naskar, Love Sutra: The Neuroscientific Manual of Love
18. “Any man could, if he were so inclined, be the sculptor of his own brain.” – Santiago Ramón y Cajal, Advice for a Young Investigator
19. “Stuff your brain with knowledge.” – Karl Lagerfeld
20. “Wit and puns aren’t just decors in the mind; they’re essential signs that the mind knows oneself, recognizes its own software, can spot the bugs in its own program.” – Adam Gopnik
21. “We all know that what you eat affects your brain. However, eating healthy for your mind is not only what you eat but what you think and say while you eat.” – Carmen Jacob
There are many cultures (French and Italians, for example) that consider unthinkable to eat alone. Eating is viewed as a celebration of life, the perfect opportunity to share ideas and kindness.
What can make your brain happier than that?!
22. “One reason I stay isolated more than the average person is to keep my creativity as fierce as possible. Being the odd one out may have its temporary disadvantages, but more importantly, it has its permanent advantages.” – Criss Jami,
23. “I am a brain, Watson. The rest of me is a mere appendix.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
24. “We put so much pressure on youngsters mind today that’s astonishing they get out of the bed in the morning.” – Carmen Jacob
25. “Your mind will serve you better than any trinket under the suns…It is a weapon…and like any weapon, you need practice to be any good at wielding it.” – Jay Kristoff, Nevernight
26. “Keeping your mind worried all the time is a form of abuse; abusing your mind and your ability to imagine the future. Why not imagine positive things and make them happen?” – Carmen Jacob
We can say that worrying is an ability… until we worry too much and becomes torture.
Do you feel more in control of your life when you worry? You might feel that way, but with every worry, you, lose some of your control.
27. “A brain was only capable of what it could conceive, and it couldn’t conceive what it had never experienced” – Graham Greene, Brighton Rock
28. “The individuals that don’t explore their emotions and mind are the ones that suffer the most… alone and in silence.” – Carmen Jacob
29. “To feel successful, you must be able to be honest about the things that are really important to you.” – Daniel G. Amen
30. “You can deal with the brain, as I say; it looks sensible, whereas the heart, the human heart, I’m afraid, looks a fucking mess.” – Julian Barnes, A History of the World in 10½ Chapters
31. “Don’t aspire to be someone else. Use your fantastic brain and excel at who you are.” – Carmen Jacob
32. “My brain tells me it will be better to just let him go.
My heart… not so much.” – Simone Elkeles, Return to Paradise
33. “The neural processes underlying that which we call creativity have nothing to do with rationality. That is to say, if we look at how the brain generates creativity, we will see that it is not a rational process at all; creativity is not born out of reasoning.” – Rodolfo R. Llinás
34. “Getting old is not scary – getting old unaccomplished, unfulfilled, and with only half of your brain is, indeed, very scary.” – Carmen Jacob
35. “I like living in my head because in there, everyone is kind and innocent.” – J. Cornell Michel
36. “As long as our brain is a mystery, the universe, the reflection of the structure of the brain will also be a mystery.” – Santiago Ramón y Cajal
37. “I would not put a thief in my mouth to steal my brains.” – William Shakespeare, Othello
38. “Give a hug to your mind and soul :
Stay connected whit those who love you
Have compassion for yourself
Respect yourself and others
Listen to your deeper self
Build the courage to say No sometimes – Carmen Jacob
39. “We read each other through our eyes, and anatomically they are an extension of our brains. When we catch someone’s eye, we look into a mind.” – Siri Hustvedt,
40. “This was just no fun. I wanted my brain back.” – Jeff Lindsay, Darkly Dreaming Dexter
41. “Lessons to learn from your past and ease your mind:
Not everything/ everyone you lose is a real loss
You’ll find your way whatever happens in your life
The beauty of Life comes, mainly out of imperfections
Who expects you to be perfect, can’t be satisfied no matter what you do
Your best friend is yourself” – Carmen Jacob
42. “We humans are different – our brains are built not to fix memories in stone but rather to transform them, our recollections in their retelling.” – Mira Bartok
43. “Intelligent people might be a bit lazy, but they never get bored.” – Carmen Jacob
44. “I don’t believe that consciousness is generated by the brain. I believe that the brain is more of a reciever of consciousness.”
– Graham Hancock
45. “The muscle that needs most exercise is your brain.” – Carmen Jacob
46. “A new challenge keeps the brain kicking and the heart ticking.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
47. “No, honestly, my mouth shouldn’t be able to function unless my brain’s engaged.” – Jodi Picoult
48. “It is essential to understand our brains in some detail if we are to assess correctly our place in this vast and complicated universe we see all around us.” – Francis Crick
49. “Your mind is the greatest computer there is. Have you installed (yet) the right software for it and made it brilliant?” – Carmen Jacob
50. “We become, neurologically, what we think.” – Nicholas Carr
51. “A smart person knows not to fight a dung because it can get messy and stinks for miles.” – Carmen Jacob
52. “Man is not going to wait passively for millions of years before evolution offers him a better brain.” – Corneliu E Giurgea
53. “The biggest lies you’ll never hear that can stop your progress in life, are those you’re telling yourself. Train your brain to tell you the truth and a lot of encouraging words.” – Carmen Jacob
54. “Oftentimes, those special brains, the ones that are capable of focusing more intently than others, do so at the expense of emotional maturity” – Dan Brown, Inferno
55. “…not all encounters with the world affect the mind equally. Studies have demonstrated that if the brain appraises an event as “meaningful,” it will be more likely to be recalled in the future.” – Daniel J. Siegel, The Developing Mind: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are
56. “Overthinking doesn’t bring a new idea. It makes you get stuck in one idea only. Loosen up, have fun, and allow your mind to wander.” – Carmen Jacob
57. “Have faith that your child’s brain is an evolving planet that rotates at its own speed. It will naturally be attracted to or repel certain subjects.” – Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
58. “When we think we’re multitasking we’re actually multiswitching. That is what the brain is very good at doing – quickly diverting its attention from one place to the next. We think we’re being productive. We are, indeed, being busy. But in reality, we’re simply giving ourselves extra work.” – Michael Harris
59. “As an adult, you have the luxury to learn whatever you want and discover wonders with a settled mind.” – Carmen Jacob
60. “There is a looming chasm between what your brain knows and what your mind is capable of accessing.” – David Eagleman, Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
61. “The vast majority of us imagine ourselves as like literature people or math people. But the truth is that the massive processor known as the human brain is neither a literature organ or a math organ. It is both and more.” – John Green