We talk more and more about gratitude. Most personal development and self-help authors dedicate countless pages and videos to emphasize the importance of being grateful for what you have and your life.
You may think that can sound pretentious and somewhat offending. Why? Because it implies, we lost our sense of being grateful.
Sometimes we do feel ungrateful; sometimes we are ungrateful; sometimes we forget to be grateful.
Don’t blame yourself is if this happens to you too. Know that one of the primary directives of your unconscious mind is to make you always want more and rarely be satisfied.
There is a good reason why this happens. If you didn’t want more, you wouldn’t have a reason to get out of bed in the morning. However, wanting more and being grateful for what you already have don’t exclude each other.
Wanting more and having no desire for progress is like day and night. But we don’t have only day and night; we also have dusk and dawn. Being grateful and showing your gratitude is that time between day and night – dusk and dawn.
Discover in this article, 75 of the most Inspirational Quotes about Gratitude. These quotes are dusk and dawn treasure, brighten up your day and putting up shining stars on the night sky.
We live now a difficult moment in human history; and what makes it difficult the most is being bombarded with conflicting messages:
- The first sentence is something like “you deserve, you’re worth it, you can have it all”;
- The second sentence is something like “no pain no gain, you have to work until you drop to become successful, you must earn (and pay for) every breath you take.”
After you are bewildered by these confusing messages, you’re made to feel guilty for wanting and aspiring to a good, comfortable life.
Plus, the pressure society puts today on parents makes them constantly second guess their parenting skills, which in turn result in unhappy families.
We have never before today seen that many people (adults and children) feeling so entitled and demanding (always) the best of everything.
We see more and more people ( young and old), being unhappy because they don’t get what they think they should have. We see people paying an insane amount of money to keep up with the Joneses… and still be unhappy in the end.
Everywhere you look the word “NEW” pops up blinding you and making you forget that most things in your life are perfectly good as they are. If you dare to show yourself satisfied, others jump in to take your enthusiasm and tell you “you’re outdated, you don’t have the latest version of things.”
Inspire yourself from these 75 quotes about gratitude, feel good enough about yourself, appreciate what you have, and know that what you have today is the perfect foundation for a tomorrow better.
Know that allowing yourself to feel entitled has many negative consequences for your life, health, well being, family environment, and interpersonal relationships.
The collection of these 75 quotes about gratitude aims to make you feel happier; it’s a reminder of the fact that what makes us enjoy life the most are the simple things.
Get inspired; feel happier; smile a lot.
1. Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude. – Joseph Wood Krutch
2. Believe good things will happen and they will.
3. Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life. – Marilyn Monroe
4. The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement. – Charles Schwab
5. Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet. – Thich Nhat Hanh
6. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. – Robert Brault
7. Giving thanks for abundance is greater than the abundance itself. – Rumi
8. Free yourself from the complexities and drama of your life. Simplify. Look within. Within ourselves, we all have the gifts and talents we need to fulfill the purpose we’ve been blessed with. – Steve Maraboli
9. A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world. – Joseph Addison
10. When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them. – Chinese Proverb
11. The more you recognize and express gratitude for the things you have, the more things you will have to express gratitude for. – Zig Ziglar
12. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness. – Dalai Lama
13. What you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life. – Oprah Winfrey
14. A simple grateful thought turned heavenwards is the most perfect prayer. – Doris Lessing
15. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth. – Rumi
16. Of the blessings set before you, make your choice, and be content. – Samuel Johnson
17. Be grateful for what you have, work hard for what you don’t have.
18. Think with great gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
19. Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. – John Milton
20. The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth, dwelling deeply in the present moment and feeling truly alive. – Thich Nhat Hanh
21. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have. – Ralph Marston
22. Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips and shows itself in deeds. – Theodore Roosevelt
23. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you? – William Arthur Ward
25. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. – Oprah Winfrey
26. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. – Thorton Wilder
27. Love your mistake as much as your accomplishments. Because without mistakes, there wouldn’t be any accomplishments.
28. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
29. To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do. – Victor Hugo
30. What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise. – Oscar Wilde
31. Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality. – Alfred Painter
32. Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
33. In all affairs, it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted. – Bertrand Russell
34. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
35. Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up. – Steve Maraboli
36. You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance. – Kahlil Gibran
37. The most fortunate are those who have a wonderful capacity to appreciate again and again, freshly and naively, the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder, and even ecstasy. – Abraham Maslow
38. Whatever you appreciate and give thanks for will increase in your life. – Sanaya Roman
39. O Lord that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness! – William Shakespeare
40. You should rather be grateful for the weeds you have in your mind, because eventually they will enrich your practice. – Shunryu Suzuki
41. We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count. – Neal A. Maxwell
42. When I started counting my blessings my whole life turned around. – Willie Nelson
43. Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life. – Christiane Northrup
44. Gratitude for the present moment and the fullness of life now is the true prosperity. – Eckhart Tolle
45. Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot. – Hansa Proverb
46. Warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child. – Carl Jung
47. Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk. – William Arthur Ward
48. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. – Eckhart Tolle
49. There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy. – Ralph H. Blum
50. Embrace your life journey with gratitude, so that how you travel your path is more important than reaching your ultimate destination. – Rosalene Glickman
51. Love and gratitude can part seas, move mountains, and create miracles. – Rhonda Byrne
52. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
53. Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. – Aldous Huxley
54. Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures. – Joseph Addison
55. Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
56. If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse. – Anthon St. Maarten
57. The discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy. – Henri Nouwen
58. Reckon the days in which you have not been angry. I used to be angry every day; now every other day; then every third and fourth day; and if you miss it so long as thirty days, offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to God. – Epictetus
59. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience. – Roy T. Bennett
60. Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude. – Deepak Chopra
61. The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings. – Henry Ward Beecher
62. There is as much greatness of mind in acknowledging a good turn, as in doing it. – Seneca
63. It is a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation. – Roberto Benigni
64. If you have your health, if you have people in your life to love, you are blessed. Slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. – Joel Osteen
65. I’m grateful for always this moment, the now, no matter what form it takes. – Eckhart Tolle
66. When you give and carry out acts of kindness, it’s as though something inside your body responds and says, ‘Yes, this is how I ought to feel. Rabbi – Harold Kushner
67. Every breath we draw is a gift of God’s love; every moment of existence is a grace. – Thomas Merton
68. No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. – Alfred North Whitehead
69. Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. – Khalil Gibran
70. I may not be where I want to be but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be. – Habeeb Akande
71. If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. – Gerald Good
72. To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude. – Albert Schweitzer
73. The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. – Henry Miller
74. Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first or the last time, then your time on earth will be filled with glory. – Betty Smith
75. In everything, give thanks. – Thessalonians 5:18
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?